A massive leak for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has revealed almost the entire battle royale mode reportedly found in the game files, including the map and all locations on it from previous CoD’s.
The leaked game files were shared to Reddit, and the poster clarifies that it is all subject to change, given it is still in development.
The leak claims that previous Modern Warfare maps like Overgrown and Quarry will be used as part of the battle royale map, and also suggests it will be for 200 players.
As always, this information cannot be verified, but this leak comes from the same leaker who previously shared a complete list of maps set to be added to the Modern Warfare as DLC. This leaked list included shoothouse, which was added to the game after the leak.
The full details, originally posted to Reddit, can be read below. There is no indication of when this mode will be added to the game, and as it is still in development, things could change.
According to the leak, these are the zones on the battle royale map for Modern Warfare:
- Storage Town
- TV Station
Default Options (Public Match)
- Player Count: 200
- Playlists: Solo (1), Duos (2), and Squads (4)
- End-Game Radar: On
- Infiltration Option: C130
- Pre-Game Lobby Free-for-All: On
- Post-Game Exfiltration: Off
- Max Health: 150
- Last Stand Health: 100
- Last Stand Revive Health: 30
- Last Stand Timer: 60s
- Last Stand Revive Time: 7s
- Friendly Fire Punish Limit: 2
- Gulag: On
Like other battle royale games, there is also a respawn system, with tokens. However, there is a big twist, as in order to respawn, players will apparently have to win a 1v1 in the Gulag. After a certain point, the Gulag will be locked, with no more respawns possible.
Respawn Tokens can be looted. After one use, Respawn Tokens are disabled for the player.
To respawn a teammate, obtain a Respawn Token, then drop their body near an Ambulance. Once the body is dropped at the Ambulance, the player will enter the Gulag queue for a chance to win a 1v1 and respawn into the match.
At some point during the match, the Gulag will be closed and no longer usable, thus preventing respawns.
Once a player has respawned, they must locate and activate a Mobile Armory to retrieve their loadout.
Details of the supposed loot system have also been leaked, with a ‘White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold’ rarity system similar to Fortnite apparently used.
- Rarities: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold
- Limited inventory space
- Requisition Airdrop Timer: 30s
- All Weapons, Attachments, Equipment, Field Upgrades*, and Killstreaks* from Multiplayer
- Gas Mask, Vests, Helmets, Bandages, Ammo, Backpacks, Portable Defibrillator, and Plunder
- Cannot hold two of the same weapon
- Cannot take Armor of lower level than currently equipped
- Attachments which are incompatible with the current weapon will be placed in the Backpack
- Supply Crates contain potentially valuable equipment or items
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30 Reduces the effect of Flash and Concussion grenades
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 15
- Ballistic Vest LVL 1: Absorbs 50 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 2: Absorbs 150 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 3: Absorbs 150 damage and increases healing item usage by 25
Perks, like Blackout, will also be in the leaked battle royale mode:
- High Alert
- Grants vision when an enemy looks at you from outside of your FoV.
- Enemy equipment within a small radius is visible and highlighted to you, even through walls.
- Enemies leave footprints as they move, and increased crouch movement speed.
- Faster movement while aiming down sight.
- Allows you to identify enemies from farther away by showing their names at a greater distance.
- Sleight of Hand
- Reload your weapons 50% faster than normal.
- You use armor plates 20% faster, and they supply 10% more armor.
- Artisan Tastes
- Weapons you pick up have a chance to automatically upgrade.
- Deep Pockets
- Any usable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Any throwable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Your medic items continue to heal for an additional 25% of their value over the next 20 seconds.
- When you Harvest, generate 20% more plunder.
- Ammo Scavenger
- Enemies you kill always drop some ammunition.
- Armor Scavenger
- Enemies you kill always drop some armor plates.
- Medic Scavenger
- Enemies you kill always drop some medic items.
- Plunder Scavenger
- Enemies you kill always drop some Plunder.
- Bounty Hunter
- If you kill someone with more Perks than you, gain enough points to match them, and then you can replace this perk.
- You are invisible to drones and sensors.
- Your Footsteps are invisible, and enemies are not warned when you track them.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal
- Explosive Resistance, and you can capture enemy claymores and mines.
- Killstreaks activated using Lethal and Tactical buttons
- Juggernauts cannot pick up Loot
UAV Satellite Trucks must be charged before scanning an area. Once used, they will remain on cooldown for some time before coming back online.
- Mobile Armory: Retrieve loadouts, can only be used once per activation
- Armory Kiosk
- Earn Plunder by completing missions and eliminating enemies. Purchase game changing items at plunder box locations.
- Collect Plunder and convert it into XP by depositing it into ATM machines located throughout the game.
- The player who collects the most Plunder in a match will be named the Best Plunderer
- There is a minimum amount of Plunder required before depositing it into the Bank
- Plunder dropped from eliminated enemies expires after some time
- When players enter a Bank, the Bank Alarm will sound, alerting all enemies within the vicinity
When enabled, players will have a chance to respawn back into the match by winning a 1v1 fight.
The Gulag acts as a King of the Hill style gauntlet, meaning players in the Gulag Queue will spectate the players who are currently fighting in the Gulag. There will be a countdown on the screen indicating how many rounds are left until you fight.
A Jail Break happens every so often and kicks all players out of the Gulag and back into the match.
Players have the ability to place bets on the players who are fighting using Plunder.
This is not the first time that a battle royale mode has been hinted at for Modern Warfare, with numerous leaks and rumors suggesting it was on the way post-launch, possibly developed, at least partially, by Raven Software, not just Infinity Ward.
Back in September, the first mention of battle royale was found in the game’s code during the beta, and the absence of Raven’s logo on the beta was another clue (because BR was not featured in the beta, of course), despite being listed as developers of the game.
It left people wondering what part of the game they had been working on, and potentially we now know.