As we enter into a new month, Animal Crossing players will have a fresh assortment of fish and bugs introduced to their islands. Here’s our guide for May’s New Horizons creatures.
In the latest Animal Crossing title, New Horizons, players are whisked away to their very own island. The social simulation title syncs up in real time, which means the game changes with the seasons.
Adding to the realism, new creatures are added every month as well. Here is everything you need to know about the fish and bugs that will be available for you to catch in May.
Note: This guide is for players in the Northern Hemisphere
Northern Hemisphere bugs and fish for May
Despite releasing on March 20, there’s no doubt dedicated players are jumping at the chance to add more specimens to their museum. Thankfully, New Horizons will be getting new fish and & bugs starting in May.
Joining the lineup is the rare Mahi-Mahi fish which can be caught on the pier at any time. It fetches a whopping 6,000 Bells! Although if you are looking at getting rich, farming scorpions seem the way to go. They sell for over 8,000 – though, watch out for their stingers.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Nibble Fish (River: 9am-4pm / 1,500 Bells)
- Angelfish (River: 4pm-9am / 3,000 Bells)
- Betta (River: 9am-4pm / 2,500 Bells)
- Rainbow Fish (River: 9am-4pm / 800 Bells)
- Mahi-Mahi (Pier: All Day / 6,000 Bells)
- Giant Trevally (Pier: All Day / 4,500 Bells)
- Catfish: (Pond 4pm-9am / 800 Bells)
- Great Purple Emperor (Flying: 4am-7pm / 3,000 Bells)
- Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing (Flying near flowers: 8am-4pm / 4,000 Bells)
- Banded Dragonfly (Flying: 8am-5pm /4,500 Bells)
- Scorpion (Ground: 7pm-4am / 8,000 Bells)
- Violin Beetle (Tree Stump: All Day / 450 Bells)
- Rosalia Batsei (Tree Stump: All Day / 3,000 Bells)
- Diving Beetle (River/ Pond surface: 8am-7pm / 800 Bells)
While each month brings new additions, it also means some creatures will be leaving your island until they come back in season. The bugs and fish leaving in April are: Tarantula, Dab, Tuna, and the Blue Marlin.
It will be interesting to see how players adapt to the changes in May. Who knows, perhaps scorpions will become the new tarantula – which the community used to farm millions of bells.