The Pokemon Sword and Shield Pokedex is slowly filling up – we list every Pokemon that has been seen in the Galar region so far ahead of its much anticipated release.
Excluding those arriving with the eighth generation, there are 809 Pokemon in total, a number which is expected to increase to well over 900 when Pokemon Sword and Shield is released.
While it has been confirmed a portion of that 809 won’t be in the Galar region, a lot will be and some of those have already been revealed.
Here we list all the confirmed Pokemon for Sword and Shield. This is an important distinction as the entire Galar region Pokedex has been reportedly leaked.
List of currently known Pokemon in Sword and Shield
Here is the full list of all returning Pokemon in Sword and Shield, broken down by generation:
- Gen 1: Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Pikachu, Raichu, Clefairy, Clefable, Vulpix, Ninetales, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Diglett, Dugtrio, Growlithe, Arcanine, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Ponyta, Rapidash, Farfetch’d, Gastly, Hunter, Gengar, Onix, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Goldeen, Seeking, Magikarp, Gyarados, Lapras, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Snorlax, Mew
- Gen 2: Pichu, Cleffa, Bellossom, Steelix, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Espeon, Umbreon, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Chinchou, Lantum, Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Sudowoodo, Wooper, Quagsire, Wynaut, Wobuffet, Quilfish, Shuckle, Sneasel, Weavile, Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine, Remoraid, Octillery, Mantyke, Mantine, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar
- Gen 3: Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Wingull, Pelipper, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Sableye, Mawile, Electrike, Manectric, Roselia, Roserade, Wailmer, Wailord, Torkoal, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Baltoy, Claydol, Feebas, Milotic, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Snorunt, Glalie
- Gen 4: Leafeon, Glaceon, Munchlax, Budew, Froslass, Combee, Vespiquen, Cherubi, Cherrim, Shellos, Gastrodon, Drifloon, Drifblim, Bronzor, Bronzong, Riolu, Lucario, Hippopotas, Hippowdown, Skorupi, Drapion, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Snover, Abomasnow, Rotom
- Gen 5: Purrloin, Liepard, Munna, Musharna, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Woobat, Swoobat, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Tympole, Plapitoad, Throh, Sawk, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Scraggy, Scarfty, Maractus, Sigilyph, Trubbish, Garbodor, Minccino, Cinccino, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Karrablast, Escavalier, Frillish, Jellicent, Joltik, Galvantula, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Golett, Golurk, Pawniard, Bisharp, Rufflet, Braviary, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon
- Gen 6: Bunnelby, Diggersby, Pancham, Pangoro, Espurr, Meowstic, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Inkay, Malamar, Helioptile, Heloplisk, Hawlucha, Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Bergmite, Avalugg, Noibat, Noivern
- Gen 7: Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Ribombee, Wishiwasha, Mareanie, Toxapex, Mudbray, Mudsdale, Morelull, Shiinotic, Stufful, Bewear, Bounsweet, Steenee, Tsareena, Wimpod, Golisopod, Pyukumuku, Togedemaru, Mimikyu, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o
Some of you may notice that Pokemon listed here don’t have their evolved forms listed. At this stage it isn’t clear if all evolutions of a particular Pokemon will be in the game, if one has already been seen.
If there are one form from an evolution chain included, though, it’s almost certain that their other evolutions will also be included in the game. For example, if Vileplume is set to feature, you can bet Oddish will be as well.
Gen 8 Pokemon confirmed
Here are the confirmed Pokemon from Gen 8:
- Weezing (Galarian form)
- Zigzagoon (Galarian form)
- Linoone (Galarian form)
- Ponyta (Galarian form)
It has been confirmed that eight of these Pokemon are able capable of Gigantamaxing, a new feature announced for Pokemon Sword and Shield. These include Drednaw, Corviknight, Alcremie, Pikachu, Charizard (which provoked quite the response), Eevee, Meowth and Butterfree.
This article will be updated as and when new, and old, species are confirmed for Pokemon Sword and Shield.
Page last updated 15:01 EST, November 9, 2019