Fortnite’s V5.30 content update has officially gone live, introducing the highly anticipated new Shockwave Grenade and the Solid Gold 50 vs 50 Limited Time Mode (LTM).
The Shockwave Grenade works much like an Impulse Grenade, but without the fall damage.
While it was originally leaked as a “Legendary” or “Epic” version of the Impulse Grenade, the difference in its abilities make it clear that the Shockwave Grenade is intended to be an entirely separate item. Players hit by the grenade will destroy objects in their path as they are thrown through the air.
The description reads:
“Send yourself, allies, or enemies flying like a human cannonball! Grants immunity to fall damage.”
Also included in the August 28 update is the Solid Gold 50 vs 50 mode. As you can probably guess from the name, it features all of the favorite aspects of 50 vs 50, but only Gold, or Legendary, variants of weapons can be used.
The full patch notes are all follows:
Make a move with the new item that’s making its appearance into Battle Royale. A new hero backflips into Save the World!
Shockwave Grenade (Battle Royale)
This new item launches players great distances without inflicting fall damage. The blast is so strong, you can launch players through structures!
Solid Gold LTM (Battle Royale)
All things that glitter are gold! Battle with all legendary weapons in the Solid Gold and Solid Gold 50v50 LTM’s, available now!
Horde Challenge Week 4 (Save the World)
Build strong bases and bring plenty of ammo because Traps won’t trigger in this weeks challenge. Gather your friends and survive the horde.
Bladestorm Enforcer (Save the World)
Flip into action and fling a flurry of metal at incoming Husks! A brand new Mythic Ninja joins the fight.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
LIMITED TIME MODE: 50V50 SOLID GOLD
The 50v50 LTM will consist of only legendary weapons and items for a limited time. Drop in and loot up!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Shockwave Grenade added.
- Shockwave Grenade will knock players back and destroy objects in their path after being knocked back.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with Shockwave Grenade will not take fall damage.
- Drops in stacks of 2, maximum stack size of 6.
- Epic Rarity.
- Can be found in Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Llamas, and chests.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge 4
- This week, prepare your forts for a no-trap challenge: Husks will not trigger traps when walking over/near them.
- Win a Legendary Redline Ramirez for the first-time completion of Weekly Horde Challenge 4.
- The Horde Weekly Challenge quest is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- Mythic Bladestorm Enforcer Ninja
- Available in the Event Store August 29, at 8 PM ET.
- Features new subclass – Bladestorm.
- New Ability:
- Kunai Storm: Ninja flips backward and throws 15 pointed knives downwards in a 0.5 tile radius. Dealing edged weapon damage. Damage are scales based on distance with a maximum range of 4 tiles.
- New Perks:
- Kunai Collection: Eliminating enemies with Kunai Storm reduces its cooldown by 2 seconds.
- Kunai Barrage: Increase the number of kunai thrown from Kunai Storm by 6 and damage by 25%.
- Kunnaihilation: Kunai will now randomly explode and deal Energy Damage in a 0.25 tile radius.
- New Ability:
- Redline Ramirez
- Legendary variant of Raider.
- Unlock by completing the Weekly Horde Challenge 4.
Experiencing issues updating, logging in, or crashing in Fortnite? Reach out here.