FaZe Banks and Tfue reunite publicly for first time since lawsuit - Dexerto
Entertainment

FaZe Banks and Tfue reunite publicly for first time since lawsuit

Published: 6/Feb/2020 11:56 Updated: 26/Mar/2020 12:49

by Matt Porter

Share


Turner ‘Tfue‘ Tenney is currently suing former organization FaZe Clan, but  an image uploaded to FaZe Clan owner Ricky ‘Banks’ Banks showed the pair hanging out together for the first time since the controversy began.

Tfue was widely regarded as the face of FaZe Clan’s Fortnite team while part of the organization, winning hundreds of thousands of dollars while representing them, and drawing huge audiences to his Twitch channel to watch him practice and compete.

Advertisement

On May 20, 2019, the American stunned fans around the world when he filed a lawsuit against his team, claiming they had signed him to an “oppressive” contract that saw FaZe take 80% of revenue from branded videos on social media, leaving him with just 20% of the fee. When the news broke, Banks immediately denied all of the accusations and stated that Tfue was using them as a way to get out of his contract.

Banks and Tfue together while part of FaZe Clan.Tfue and Banks were close friends before the lawsuit.

[ad name=”article1″]

The pair were close friends before the lawsuit was filed, but following the news, they stopped communicating, with Banks pleading with the 22-year-old to call him in the aftermath of the suit. The pair haven’t been seen together publically in months, and with the legal proceedings still ongoing, many were stunned to see the pair link up on February 1.

Advertisement

In an image uploaded to Banks’ Instagram story, the FaZe owner posted a selfie of himself standing beside a posing Tfue, complete with the caption: “What are we doing?” Where this photo was taken is unclear.

FaZe Banks posing with Tfue on Instagram.
Instagram: banks
Banks uploaded a picture of himself and Tfue together.

On top of that, Banks even sent a tweet to Tfue when he posted a message about his recent breakup with Corinna Kopf, writing: “Let’s just all go back to how things were,” in response to the 22-year-old saying he would never get in a relationship again.

[ad name=”article2″]

Of course, Tfue and FaZe Clan are still embroiled in legal proceedings, with Judge Patricia Nieto siding with the Fortnite pro when the esports organization attempted to have the case dismissed. Both parties are scheduled to return to court on July 6 to continue the suit.

Advertisement

While things may remain heated in the courtroom, it appears that Tfue and Banks have rekindled their relationship to some extent, something which fans of theirs will be excited to see.