The next Legend to be released for Apex Legends is currently being held under wraps but a new name – Forge – has reared its head. Here’s what we know so far about the mysterious character.
As with the start of any new season, Apex players should expect a brand new legend to join the current roster. We’ve already seen names like Nomad, Rosie, and even Revenant but the latest rumors all surround Forge – with some whispers even suggesting that they may not be the only legend released in the new season.
Forge was originally leaked back on November 5, when data miners like Shrugtal and That1MiningGuy uncovered a tonne of new details within the game’s files.
The leakers were able to uncover placeholders for cosmetic items, as well as six abilities for the hero. Of course, current Legends only have three, and these six could very well be ones that are being tested in order to find out what is balanced in the game and what isn’t. The six, seemingly melee-centered abilities and their descriptions, can be found below.
- Pull Shot: Short-range grapple that pulls enemies into you or can be used to launch yourself into the air.
- Ground Slam: Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- K.O. Punch: Jump forward in a direction. Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- One-Two: Bull rush in a straight line. If you hit an enemy along the way, press again to do an upper-cut launching you into the air.
- One The Ropes: Enhances your melee to do more damage the lower your health is. Dealing melee damage gives you temporary overshield.
- Victory Rush: Killing a player with a melee attack restores your health and gives you a 30% speed boost for 10 seconds
As for what the legend looks like, we have a decent idea thanks to an apparent concept drawing that Shrugtal was able to dig up from the legend icon set.
On top of that, we have a look at his full model as well as a closeup of his medallion, which will also be a weapon charm.
The rugged-looking character, who has been labeled as the “augmented brawler,” seems to bear a slight resemblance to Gibraltar. Whether or not this would be their final look, of course, remains to be seen.
There was a new guy added to the Legend icon art set. pic.twitter.com/j2WkkzkhZh
— Shrugtal (@shrugtal) November 5, 2019
With season four just around the corner, the release of Forge could also follow, with That1MiningGuy noting that some strings of code made hints towards the new season.
However, the use of ‘chars’ could also hint that we could see more than one legend released in the new campaign – which would be different to the previous seasons which have only made one new legend available upon release.
Also notice it says 'Chars' - maybe finally getting more than 1 character per season? Time will tell. pic.twitter.com/YAiGc6VGBq
— That1MiningGuy (@That1MiningGuy) November 5, 2019
With an abundance of legends being leaked ever since Respawn Entertainment introduced the seasonal aspect to their battle royale title, the developers would have a good amount to choose from.
If they do so, however, is a different question altogether considering these leaks should always be taken with a pinch of salt until the characters are released in-game.