Escape From Tarkov developers Battlestate Games have revealed the set of changes and bug fixes that have been released with the 0.12.4.6440 patch on March 25.
As Escape from Tarkov has maintained a pretty steady fanbase of players, Battlestate Games have been dropping tweaks and fixes for the intense first-person shooter and looter title.
In recent updates, the developers have changed the weight system to help players level up their strength stats, and introduce an overweight system that affected their movement. Now, though, the developers are gearing up for another deep update that will change a few things.
Battlestate Games revealed the full list of changes coming in the March 25 update, noting that the game would be taken offline at 11 am MSK/8 am GMT/4 am EDT/1 am PDT for around two hours.
One of the biggest changes in the 0.12.4.6440 patch is a continuation of the changes to the strength stats. The developer has lowered the weight needed to be carried in order to level up the statistic – though they haven’t noted what that new weight will be.
Players will now also become out of breath when they are out of stamina. This will add heavy breathing and shaking hands to the mix, meaning that they will be a little easier to hear during a raid.
The installation of the 0.12.4.6440 patch for #EscapefromTarkov is complete. You can download it through the game launcher. As always, if you will encounter any bugs or issues please report them to our support center through the game launcher
— Battlestate Games (@bstategames) March 25, 2020
Aside from that, Battlestate Games have also cleaned up a litany of bugs including extraction points on Labs, invisible obstacles on Shoreline, and an issue that prevented the main menu from opening up.
A full set of patch notes for what is being fixed and changed in the March 25 update can be found below.
Escape from Tarkov 0.12.4.6440 patch notes
- Fixed various exploits for leveling skills
- Fixed invisible obstacles on Shoreline
- Fixed a bug when a message about the unavailability of goods would be shown above the list of offers on the flea market
- Fixed elevator extraction on Lab
- Fixed a bug which allowed to use parts of an equipped weapon for production in the hideout
- Fixed a bug which wouldn’t let the character run even though there is available stamina for it
- Fixed a bug which caused Error 228 when folding stock on the message screen
- Fixed sound overlapping and changed siren sounds on Interchange
- Weapon modding interface now has no limits on 21;9 screen format
- Some pop-ups now appear in the middle of the screen
- Strength skill now gives an additional bonus for sprint
- Fixed a bug which wouldn’t allow a player to fold a stock of a gun when he had melee weapon in his hands
- Fixed a bug which caused the main menu to not open because of an error
- Fixed a bug with quest progress not being shown properly in following raids
- Fixed an error which could occur while completing “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” quest
- Fixed texture of CAA RS47 handguard
- Fixed a bug which caused an inability to crouch when having max overweight
- Fixed a bug with inability to pick up items when wearing Slim Field Med Pack backpack
- Fixed a bug with missing items when upgrading the pre-order package
- Fixed a bug which caused a player to get stuck on a loading screen when canceling matching
- Fixed Error 228 which occurred when you would try to put an item in the cells which were occupied by items recently used in crafting
- Fixed a bug when weapon preset wouldn’t get saved when returning to preset screen
- Various minor bugfixes
- Lowered the weight needed for leveling strength skill
- Added heavy breathing when the character is out of stamina (sounds of heavy breathing and shaking hands)