A list of WoW Dragonriding abilities has been added in the World of Warcraft: Dragonflight expansion. Here, we’ll show you how to unlock them and what each of them does.
Activision Blizzard dropped the latest World of Warcraft expansion on November 28, releasing at different times across the world. It includes a new Evoker class, race, and many more features noted in the patch notes.
Dragonriding has certainly captured the imagination of many within the community, as they can now fly, earn new abilities, and do things they couldn’t in Shadowlands.
Let’s run through how you can unlock abilities while riding a dragon in Dragonflight, and what each of them does so you can target your efforts.
How to unlock WoW Dragonriding abilities in Dragonflight
WoW Dragonflight players will unlock Dragonriding abilities during the game’s campaign, at different locations in the four zones of the Dragon Isles map.
- Load up World of Warcraft’s Dragonflight expansion.
- Complete Ohn’ahran Plains: Winds of the Isles ability
- Complete Azure Span: Whirling Surge ability
- Complete Thaldraszus: Bronze Timelock ability
- That’s all three unlocked!
These three abilities are part of a wider list, including four starter abilities, as seen below.
All WoW Dragonriding abilities in Dragonflight
The full list of WoW Dragonriding abilities in Dragonflight can be found below, including what they do:
- Dragonriding basics – Propel forward using the extended Dragon Isle Drake and gain more momentum when pointing down.
- Vigor – Regenerate your Vigor to spend on Dragonriding abilities. You can rack up one every 30 seconds on the ground.
- Lift Off – Double jump to launch and glide upwards when mounted.
- Surge Forward – 1.5-second cooldown on this ability, surging forward.
- Skyward Descent – Descend downwards with a 1.5-second cooldown.
- Thrill of the Skies – Regenerate 1.5 Vigor every 30 seconds when riding at high speeds.
Dragonriding abilities: Unlockable
- Winds of the Isles – Boost your speed in the direction of winds that you can detect.
- Whirling Surge – Increase your speed by spiraling forward.
- Bronze Timelock – Mark a waypoint.
Best Dragonriding abilities
If you’re looking to increase your speed while riding the dragon, Winds of the Isles and Whirling Surge will help. If you want to get more Vigor, it would have to be Thrill of the Skies.
This list comprises both the starting and unlockable abilities available to WoW Dragonflight players.
If you haven’t yet unlocked Dragonriding, here’s how to do it and where to find all Dragonriding glyph locations across the map.
For more news and guides, check out our main World of Warcraft hub for the latest expansion.
If you click on a product link on this page we may earn a small affiliate commission.