Valorant Patch 4.05 is here, and it’s accompanied by a variety of changes including a nerf to Brimstone. Keep reading to find out everything about the latest patch update for Riot’s tactical shooter.
Keeping up with the trend for Episode 4, Valorant’s Patch 4.05 is yet again focused on improving several gameplay aspects.
Apart from a nerf to Brimstone, no other Agent has been affected directly with this patch. However, there are quite a few gameplay updates that will have a major impact on the in-game experience that you have.
Having said that, let’s dive in and check out all the new changes in Valorant Patch 4.05.
- Valorant Patch 4.05 notes
- Agent Updates
- Game System Updates
- Competitive Updates
- Bug Fixes
- Known Issues
The full patch notes for Valorant’s 4.05 update can be found below.
Patch notes obtained via Riot Games.
- Stim Beacon
- Charges reduced 2 >>> 1
- Cost increased 100 >>> 200
Crosshair Import and Export feature added
- Added the ability to import and export different crosshair settings via auto-generated codes.
- To export and share your personal crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up, found next to Crosshair Profile (it looks like an up arrow chilling in the middle of a bowl). Your auto-generated code will be copied to your clipboard.
- To import crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing down next to Crosshair Profile. Input or paste the code in the provided field and click the “Import” button.
- The crosshair preview at the top of the Settings Menu should reflect the imported settings. Make sure to give it a unique profile name!
Updated “Prioritize Strongest Weapon” setting
- Reworked ‘Prioritize Strongest Weapon’ setting
- Renamed setting to Auto-Equip Prioritizes: Most Recent | Strongest
- Updated the priority system to support weapon-like abilities (previous priority: Primary > Secondary > Melee)
- New priority: (Ultimate & Primary) > (Secondary & Chamber Pistol) > Melee
- Resolve priority ties by selecting the more recently equipped weapon
- Added a new setting: Don’t Auto-Equip Melee
- Skips past the melee when finding the most recent weapon to auto-equip.
- Prevents pulling the melee back out after channeling or casting abilities, without changing any other auto-equip behavior.
- Deterministic Map System enabled for all regions
- This rollout should increase the variety of maps in your queue based on a system we tested in the LATAM region.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Leave Match button to function incorrectly for PBE players
- Fixed issue where Sova’s Recon Bolt was destroyed by Brimstone’s Orbital Strike even if the Recon Bolt was well out of the area
- Fixed a bug where the mic icon on the scoreboard could not be interacted with after hovering over it with the mouse
- There are a handful of bug fixes prepped for Icebox, but the team ran into an issue that blocked us from shipping them right at 4.05 launch. We hope to ship these before the next patch and will list them here as soon as we do.
So there you have it, that’s all you need to know about the Valorant Patch 4.05 Notes. Make sure to check out our other guides for Valorant:
Best Valorant Agents | Best Sentinels | What is the Night Market? | How to get Gun Buddies | Best Initiators | Best Controllers | What is Econ Rating? | How to get free loot drops | Is Valorant on Mac? | How many people play Valorant? | When is Valorant on Mobile coming out? | Best Duelists