The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack: Release date & time, Moonwood Mill, more
The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack DLC will soon release, along with Moonwood Mill — a brand-new world. Here’s everything we know about The Sims team’s werewolf-themed Game Pack, complete with trailer, release date, time, features, and screenshots.
The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack will allow fans of occult ongoings in The Sims’ universe to step into the night and howl at the moon, bringing another iconic life state into the game.
Vampire Sims will need to watch out, as there’s new, night-prowling competition in the neighborhood — and there are lots of brand new features on the way with the release of The Sims 4 Werewolves.
What time does The Sims 4 Werewolves release?
The Werewolves Game Pack will come out on PC, Mac, and consoles on June 16, 2022, at 10 AM PT / 6 PM GMT.
- Read More: Best Sims 4 mods in 2022
As is standard with DLC releases of this size, according to the Origin page listing, the pack will cost $19.99 / £17.99.
The Sims 4 Moonwood Mill world map
In the Werewolves Game Pack, Simmers can step into the hazy moonlit night, with the new world of Moonwood Mill.
Moonwood Mill’s full map was revealed during the dev team’s livestream, giving us a look into the world’s five total lots:
With three lots built by content creator James Turner, this smaller-sized world features a Library, Bar, and two residential lots alongside an empty lot.
Featuring towering trees, Lake Lunvik, and rundown, broken factory buildings, Moonwood Mill — which was once an old lumber mill — looks to be surrounded by towering cliffs in a secluded, remote area.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
The Sims 4 Werewolves screenshots
In the trailer, we were treated to a whole host of new details, including first looks at the new Build/Buy and CAS items. Check out some of the screenshots below:
The Sims 4 Werewolves new features
According to the official description and the blog post released by EA, the Werewolves Game Pack will include a whole host of new items and features. During a hands-off preview event for Werewolves, Dexerto had an additional sneak peek at some of the upcoming gameplay features for the pack, so here’s everything that we know about so far:
- A new world: Moonwood Mill; 3 lots were built by content creator James Turner
- A brand new occult: Werewolves; Sims can become a werewolf through multiple different methods
- Unique abilities to unlock like running on all fours, immortality, and lunar resistance
- Unique temperaments that “distinguish how that Sim’s Fury may grow’ like ‘Wracked With Guilt’ and ‘Frisky’
- ‘Fury’ which builds and turns you into a werewolf when it’s hit its maximum state
- Unique events focused on wolves
- Join the Moonwood Collective or the Wildfangs Packs — each with their own personal style, or alternatively, go it alone as a ‘lone wolf’
- Trials need to be completed to join them
- Once in a Pack, you can use rabbit holes at their hangout location to use their facilities or take resources that Pack members have left there, like food
- Books, secret tunnels, and lore to uncover surrounding werewolves, vampires, and spellcasters
- New collectibles: Luna Fish and Moonpetal flowers; can dig as a werewolf
- The Underground; a network of tunnels that can be explored to discover secrets and shortcuts; these are different depending on whether your Sim is a human, vampire, or werewolf
- New sparring animations for vampires and werewolves
- ‘Pack values‘
- Lunar Cycles: a Base Game update; different moons affect Werewolf Sims and give them buffs – a Waxing Crescent Moon gives increase skill gain for Fitness.
- Sims who are Teens or older can become a ‘Fated Mate‘ with other Werewolves. Freezes romantic relationship decay and gives increased romantic relationship loot gains, along with a chance of a short-team ‘Enamored’ Sentiment
- ‘Not Meant To Be’ moodlet occurs if a Sim with a ‘Fated Mate’ does romantic interactions with other Sims
- Unlink a Sim’s Werewolf form from its human variant to create a unique appearance
- Customize a Werewolf’s howl
- A paint tool that functions similarly to the one for Cats & Dogs; a stencil feature to add scars and so on their coat
- Scars for your Sims
- Ripped clothing
- Varying different coat colors, from neutral colors to more eccentric designs
- A variety of naturalistic and industrial items
- Interactive, smaller telescopes
The Sims 4 Werewolves trailer
If you want to take a look at everything featured in the Game Pack’s trailer, we’ve embedded it below — giving you a first look at exactly what you can get up to when Werewolves arrives on release day.
The Sims 4 Werewolves livestream
Typically, before a Game Pack’s release, the Maxis dev team will host a livestream showing a hands-off preview of all the exciting new content that’s in store.
On June 10, 2022, at 11 AM PT / 7 PM BST, you’ll be able to head over to The Sims’ official Twitch and YouTube channels where you’ll get a glimpse from the Sim Gurus of what you can get up to. If you want to catch up after the stream has ended, we’ve embedded it below for your convenience:
So, there you have it — that’s everything you need to know about The Sims 4’s newest Game Pack: Werewolves! Fancy making a motherlode of Simoleons? Make sure to check out our guides:
How to make money fast in The Sims 4 | Best Sims 4 mods to download in 2022 | The Sims 4 cheats for PC & console | Everything we know about The Sims 5 | The Sims 4 Moonlight Chic & Little Campers Kits review