The Sims 4 High School Years Expansion Pack is due to come out today, July 28, along with a brand new world — Copperdale. As Simmers gear up for release time, here’s everything we know about the upcoming expansion, including screenshots, and what new gameplay features to expect.
Hot on the heels of the recently released Werewolves Game Pack and the Moonlight Chic & Little Campers Kits, The Sims 4 team is keeping the new content coming with High School Years, part of their ‘Rise & Shine’ roadmap for summer 2022.
From enrolment all the way to graduation — here’s a full breakdown of everything you can experience in the game’s latest Expansion Pack — The Sims 4 High School Years.
- Release date, time, and price
- Copperdale world map
- New gameplay features
What time does the new Sims 4 pack come out?
The Sims 4 High School Years Expansion Pack will release today, July 28, 2022, on PC, Mac, and consoles at 10 AM PT / 6 PM GMT, following the typical release pattern.
As is standard for Expansion Packs, High School Years will cost $39.99 / £34.99.
If Simmers purchase the new Expansion Pack before September 8, 2022, they will receive three unique items as part of the Vibing Streamer Gear set for Build/Buy mode, which you can see below:
- Groove Tube Wireless Speaker
- Spine Reticulator Gaming Chair
- Tri Hard LED Panels
The Sims 4 Copperdale world map
As detailed in the official blog post, the new world in High School Years is called Copperdale. It states that seven of the lots within the world have been created by community members, including MsGryphi, xfreezerbunnyx, and JOL1990.
Copperdale will feature a total of three neighborhoods and 12 lots altogether. You can take a look at the map below, showing Copperdale’s land mass separated by a large river running through it.
The Sims 4 High School Years screenshots
In the trailer released on June 30, 2022, we were treated to a whole host of details surrounding the Expansion Pack, including first looks at new Build/Buy and CAS items. Check out some of the screenshots below:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
The Sims High School Years new features
According to the official description and the blog post released by EA, there are plenty of new gameplay features to look forward to in High School Years. Broken down by gameplay and CAS features, here’s everything we know about so far:
- Extracurricular, after-school clubs and team activities like football, cheerleading, chess, and computer clubs.
- School events like the science fair.
- School-based activities: Attending class, having lunch in the cafeteria, weekly exams.
- The ability to “navigate through the challenges and joys of young love”, from crushes to breakups.
- A new world: Copperdale.
- Body hair grooming and shaving.
- Sit cross-legged on beds, have pillow fights, and sneak out of homes through windows and by climbing down trellis ladders.
- Proms: Design the prom, create proposal signs, and vote for prom royalty.
- Graduation: “All the decisions your Sim has made throughout their high school journey will impact how their graduation plays out.”
- Become a Simfluencer.
- Teen Sims can sell outfits and designs on ‘Trendi’.
- Sims can read and use their laptops in bed.
- CAS items in collaboration with Depop; discover clothing by real-world designers like Jeremy Salazar, Sha’an D’Antes, and more.
The Sims 4 High School Years trailer
Arriving on June 30, 2022, the first trailer for High School Years provides Simmers with insight into everything that their Sims will be able to get up to on release day. Check it out below:
The Sims 4 High School Years livestream
On July 15, 2022, at 11 AM PT / 5 PM BST, the Sim Guru team will host a livestream that shows a hands-off preview of the DLC’s new gameplay.
As we get closer to this time, we’ll ensure to embed it below for your convenience — this typically happens on their Twitch and YouTube channels.
So, there you have it — that’s everything you need to know about The Sims 4’s newest Expansion Pack: High School Years! As more information and details come to light, we’ll be sure to update you right here.
Make sure to check out more of our Sims content below:
How to make money fast in The Sims 4 | Best Sims 4 mods to download in 2022 | The Sims 4 cheats for PC & console | Everything we know about The Sims 5 | The Sims 4 Moonlight Chic & Little Campers Kits review | The Sims 4 Werewolves review