Rainbow Six Y7S2.1 patch notes: Audio tweaks, Drone spawn changes, C4 bug fix, more
The patch notes for the Rainbow Six Y7S2.1 update have been revealed and while the update isn’t doing much in the way of new content, it should fix up a lot of the bugs and problems that gamers have been asking to be fixed for some time now. Here are the full Y7S2.1 patch notes
Rainbow Six players have been very vocal in the past weeks, voicing their concerns over the various performance issues they have been noticing. In particular, console players have been begging developer Ubisoft to address the various audio issues that have been plaguing the game.
Given that the Y7S2 initial update only dropped a couple weeks ago, this follow-up patch so soon afterward is a testament to the severity of the bug issues that Ubisoft felt they had to take almost immediate action.
A hotfix update was dropped less than a week ago that cleared up some audio issues, however, the game is still filled with bugs and glitches, many of which are set to be addressed in some capacity.
Here’s what’s changing in Rainbow Six with the new Y7S2.1 update.
What changes are coming to Rainbow Six in Y7S2.1 update?
Almost all of the changes that will be made when the Y7S2.1 goes live are performance and bug-based. Perhaps the two biggest fixes being the drone spawn bug as well as the Mira C4 bug.
Players have found themselves growing increasingly frustrated at drones that have not spawned in the correct and chosen spawn locations. This new update will be fixing this as well as the bug that allows C4 explosives, when detonated on the surface of Mira’s Black Mirror, to damage opponents through the Mirror.
As well as this, the patch will also fix other major issues with Attacker devices on Castle’s Armor Panel and the R.O.U Projector. Audio issues and inconsistency will also be addressed when the update goes live.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
When does the Rainbow Six Y7S2.1 update launch?
The update will be live across PC, Xbox and Playstation at the times listed below:
PC: June 27th, 09:00 EDT / 13:00 UTC
Xbox: June 28th, 09:00 EDT / 13:00 UTC
PlayStation June 28th, 10:00 EDT / 14:00 UTC
The size of the update will vary depending on what platform you are playing on. Find the download sizes for each platform below:
- Ubisoft Connect: 2.03 GB
- Steam: 2.3 GB
- Xbox One: 2.8 GB
- Xbox Series X: 3.4 GB
- PS4: 2.4 GB
- PS5: 2.2 GB
You can find the full Y7S2.1 patch notes below:
Rainbow Six Y7S2.1 patch notes
- FIXED – Drones may not spawn in the chosen spawn location.
- FIXED – Some sticky throwable devices may break windows that are behind barricades when thrown on the barricade.
- FIXED – Various animation issues.
- FIXED – Attacker devices deployed on Castle’s Armor Panel can be destroyed through the Armor Panel with a single melee hit.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on multiple maps.
- FIXED – Devices clip through the metal frame of the display cases on Chalet map. FIXED – Wamai’s Mag-Net systems don’t destroy the plants on Emerald Plains map when deployed onto them and can’t be picked up after.
- FIXED – Operators receive explosive damage through the pink cabinets at 2F Pink Room on House map.
- FIXED – R.O.U. Projectors briefly reappear a few seconds after they self-destruct.
- FIXED – Sens’ R.O.U. Projector Screen is missing in Match Replay, end of round replay, and kill cam.
- FIXED – Sens’ left hand uses the wrong animation while vaulting and holding a R.O.U. Projector System.
- FIXED – Explosive devices deployed on the surface of Mira’s Black Mirror can eliminate opponents through it.
- FIXED – Spectators can see Sens’ R.O.U. Projector Screen on a floor that’s one level below.
- FIXED – Nomad’s Airjab briefly reappears a few seconds after being destroyed.
- FIXED – Pests in Mozzie’s Pest Launcher appear as Doc’s Stim shots when reloading.
- FIXED – Coughing bark is present for Smoke when he is affected by Toxic Gas.
- FIXED – Bomb SFX are occasionally missing for some players after the defuser is dropped and then planted in the other site.
- FIXED – Various customization and Shop issues.
- FIXED – Various UI issues.
- FIXED – Several issues related to the progression of the “Gadget Removal” personal Battle Pass challenge.
- FIXED – Killcam infobox does not display nickname suffix.
- FIXED – Various localization issues.
- FIXED – Sometimes Packs cannot be opened using the X / A / Enter Button on Xbox Controllers.
- FIXED – Penalty banner does not appear and tiles do not lock after the user is banned.
- FIXED – Loadout selection resets after any Team Deathmatch match.
- FIXED – Several issues related to Spectator HUD.