Rainbow Six Operation Crimson Heist desperately needed some fine-tuning, and the Y6S1.3 patch does exactly that by finally nerfing Jager and giving Tachanka a much-needed buff.
Operation Crimson Heist introduced everything from a new Operator and a map rework to a match replay feature. However, Ubisoft hasn’t stopped trying to iron out issues and flaws in minor patches, and the latest one is all about balance.
More specifically, the developers took a look at the data surrounding pick rates to determine who needed a nerf and who needed a buff. Jager and Tachanka are the two most affected Operators. However, Ace, Jackal, and Thermite have been impacted in this update too.
Let’s take a look at the Y6S1.3 patch in more detail.
Jager finally cops a nerf
Jager is one of the most popular Operators in the game. The developers revealed he’s picked in 95% of the games, which is insane. However, they concluded it was too high to ignore, and nerfed him by targeting his 416-C weapon.
In essence, they reduced its capacity from 30+1 to 25+1 and slightly increased the vertical recoil, hoping it would make him less effective without making him useless.
However, they promised to monitor the changes and tweak them accordingly.
Tachanka gets a much-needed buff
Initially, when Tachanka was first reworked, it seemed like he would be too overpowered. However, the developers pointed out that his pick rate isn’t too great, and it’s not where they hoped it would be.
For that reason, they’ve decided to give him a much-needed buff. They’ve specifically targeted the Shumikha Launcher, increasing its magazine capacity, fire duration, fire area radius, projectile speed, and accuracy. They also reduced its detonation time, making it easier to hit.
If that wasn’t enough, they also buffed his light-machine gun, the trusty DP27, by reducing its equip and unequip time by fractions of a second, making it a little faster to draw. All in all, these changes should make him more viable.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Ace, Jackal, and Thermite have all been tweaked too, although the changes are minor. Ace now has a Claymore instead of Smoke Grenades, and vice-versa for Thermite. Jackal, on the other hand, has had his C7E weapon has slightly nerfed with less damage and ammo per clip.
The latest patch goes live on May 3 at:
- PC: 9AM EDT / 2PM BST
- XBOX: 10AM EDT / 3PM BST
- PlayStation: 11AM EDT / 4PM BST.
The downtime for the update is estimated to be one hour.
You can find the full Rainbow Six Y6S1.3 patch notes below.
Rainbow Six Y6S1.3 patch notes
- Replaced Smoke Grenades with Claymore
- The S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher destroys Mira’s Black Mirror window
- Reduced the C7E magazine capacity to 25+1 bullets (from 30+1)
- Reduced the C7E damage to 42 (from 46)
- Reduced the 416-C magazine capacity to 25+1 (from 30+1)
- Increased the 416-C vertical kick
- Shumikha Launcher
- Increased the magazine capacity to 7 (from 5)
- Increased the fire duration to 7s (from 5s)
- Reduced the detonation time to 0.75s (from 1s)
- Increased the fire area radius to 1.9m (from 1.7m)
- Increased the projectile “distance to start drop” to 20m (from 8m)
- Increased the projectile speed to 30 (from 20)
- Reduced the equip time to 0.65s (from 0.9s)
- Reduced the unequip time to 0.3s (from 0.42s)
- Replaced Claymore with Smoke Grenades
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
Designated Marksman Rifle (ATTACKERS)
- Removed access to 1.0x scopes
- Gave access to 1.5x, 2.0x, and 2.5x scopes
- Added 3.0x as default scope
Removal of Tactical Realism
- Removed the Tactical Realism playlist type from Custom Games.
- Added Interface Preferences to the Options menu that allow players to enable and disable some HUD parameters.
- All Tactical Realism playlists that have been saved by players will be removed.
- Stats micro-app is coming to Ubisoft Connect overlay.
- Discover your stats and compare them with your friends.
- Discover your playstyle as an Attacker and as a Defender.
Ranked Match Cancellation
- A vote to cancel a match can only be triggered during the Preparation Phase in the first round of the match.
- When a player refrains from voting, it is considered a “no” vote instead of not being counted.
- The vote is still decided by the majority, with ties going in favor of a cancel.
- FIXED – Attackers can use 2 drones to push the planted defuser inside the objective room.
- FIXED – Environmental destruction is not replicated for a player who joins an in-progress match.
- FIXED – Players who leave a Ranked or Unranked match are sometimes unable to rejoin and get infinite loading.
- FIXED – Players are able to get double MMR if 4 players leave the match and rejoin.
- FIXED – Explosions can destroy Bandit’s Shock Wire through reinforced walls and indestructible floors.
- FIXED – Cancelling a Ranked queue may result in an Abandon Penalty, even if the player never joined a match.
- FIXED – The drone can see through the curtains above the window near 1F Red Stairs on Villa map.
- FIXED – Doorway on the eastern side of 2F Bedroom is blocked if the player is AFK on Club House map.
- FIXED – Player is able to glitch inside of the car located in Garage on House map.
- FIXED – Drones get stuck inside the pile of wood in EXT Stable on Villa map.
- FIXED – Payphones have no collision with Operators on Outback map.
- FIXED – The spotlight in 1F Waiting Room no longer illuminates the environment when looking at it from 1F Customs Inspection on Border map.
- FIXED – Defenders can be detected outdoors when they stand near the door frame in 1F Waiting Room on Border map.
- FIXED – Collision issues around windows on Consulate map.
- FIXED – Player is able to plant the defuser between the bomb sites in 1F Main Lobby on Border map.
- FIXED – Attackers have unfair line of sight through a drone vent from EXT Office Balcony to 1F Bedroom on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on Outback map.
- FIXED – Multiple collision issues on Chalet map on Xbox Series X.
- FIXED – Echo’s Yokai and Mozzie’s captured drones lose their signal on the stairs in B Snowmobile Garage Corridor on Chalet map.
- FIXED – When Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge detonates, its HUD remains on screen.
- FIXED – Player with RFF is able to eliminate Caveira while she is interrogating an Attacker.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and UI issues.
- FIXED – Localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Various Audio, SFX, and Animation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Infinite loading present if the player starts a match replay and enters the Options menu before the Operator reveal ends.
- FIXED – Error is received when attempting to purchase currency packs or digital content from the first party store in-game on PS5.
- FIXED – Inconsistent difficulty for Flores in the Battle Pass section and the Operators section
- FIXED – Player is kicked from Squad after changing their spoken language on Xbox.