Rainbow Six Siege’s Y5S1.2 patch is officially here, bringing a mixture of buffs and nerfs to different operators within the game as well as fixing some pesky bugs that have been found in the game.
The patch will be deployed to both PC and console the week of April 20, 2020, predominantly bringing balancing fixes to the game’s operators as well as announcing some changes that will be occurring to the map pool soon.
Below are the main changes coming to Rainbow Six Siege with the Y5S1.2 patch, but you can scroll down if you want to see the full patch notes.
Ying was introduced to the game in Operation Blood Orchid and has been a fairly popular operator in its time.
Now, Ying will have 4 Candelas instead of 3, as well as her T-95 LSW receiving a damage increase from 43 to 46. However, her claymores have been replaced with smoke grenades, though how much that affects Ying’s power remains to be seen.
Buck, Jager, Goyo and Mozzie nerfed
On the other side of the field, four operators have been nerfed for Y5S1.2. Jäger, often a fan-favorite, is now a 2-speed, 2-armor operator, making him a little less of a pain to play against.
Goyo has also been nerfed, with two Volcán shields instead of 3, while Mozzie’s Super Shorty secondary has been removed, taking a little of his power in the process.
The biggest nerf is perhaps to Buck, a popular attacking operator added to the game early in its life-cycle. Although his Skeleton Key magazine and max ammo count have increased by 1, to 5 and 25 respectively, the loss of frag grenades – which have been replaced by claymores – is absolutely huge, and completely change how he is played.
There have also been some bug fixes, including an issue with Oregon’s EXT Construction Site and barricade replication problems, where barricades are still appearing to the shooter after being destroyed. For full details, see patch notes below.
Rainbow Six Siege Y5S1.2 Patch Notes
Update – the quick match map pool will remain the same throughout Y5S1 and will rotate again in Y5S2.
- Frag Grenades replaced with Claymores.
- Increased Skeleton Key Magazine Capacity:
- Skeleton Key magazine capacity increased to 5 + 1
- Skeleton Key max ammo count is now 25+1
- Reduced number of Volcán shields to 2 (down from 3).
- Now a 2-speed/2-armor operator.
- Removed Super Shorty secondary.
- Increased number of Candelas to 4 (up from 3).
- Replaced Claymores with Smoke Grenades.
- Increased T-95 LSW damage to 46 (up from 43).
- Added a Razor Holographic Sight option to her M12.
TCSG12 (KAID, GOYO)
- Added an additional magazine to the TCSG12.
- Reduced TCSG12 damage to 57 (down from 84).
- FIXED – Barricade replication issues where the barricade is not destroyed for all players in game except the shooter.
- FIXED – The Dynamic Play button does not update properly when last match was on an Event/Discovery playlist.
- FIXED – Players can clip inside the excavator in EXT Construction Site of Oregon.
- FIXED – Game boots with DX11 when players manually select the Vulkan executable in the steam installation folder.
- FIXED – Minor menu/shop visual and cosmetic fixes.