PUBG Update Xbox #9 and PS4 #6 is live now. The July 30 update for console brings a host changes including the BRDM-2 vehicle, ledge grab functionality Deagle handgun and improved loot sorting.
Erangel remaster on console?
A lot of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds playing are asking about when the remastered version of Erangel is coming to console. Unfortunately, PUBG has yet to comment on that.
Generally, console updates lag around two months behind that of the PC, so it wouldn't be expected until September anyway. However, PUBG has confirmed that Season 4 will begin on Xbox and PS4 at the end of the summer. Whether this will include the glorious graphical update to Erangel remains to be seen.
The current iteration of Erangel will remain the featured map following an online poll in which the Russian island came out on top in.
PUBG has been reinvigorated by the Erangel remaster...
A vehicle for both land and sea
The new BRDM-2 vehicle can traverse both land and sea. So if you see a daunting bridge camp, don't worry about it, just take the water route instead.
In addition to its flexibility, the BRDM-2's total HP is twice that of the UAZ - so it's pretty tough. Its wheels are also impenetrable. It's a powerful vehicle, so understandably they are frequently seen across the map. It replaces the armored UAZ and the only way to get it is to call it in using the flare gun.
The BRDM-2 can only be obtained using a flare gun...
Finally, ledge grab is here
As PC players already know, the ledge grab will drastically change the way you play PUBG. If a ledge is within 2.5 meters you can now climb it, opening areas that were previously inaccessible.
The Dev Team made it clear that this is the first iteration of the ledge grab mechanic with the intention of improving it in the next update. "Please try out the new ledge grab and kindly give us your feedback so that we can further improve and polish the feature, which is the utmost priority to the dev team," their message read.
The ledge grab is about to drastically change PUBG gameplay...
The full patch notes for the July 30 PUBG console update can be found below:
Xbox #9 PS4 #6 full patch notes
Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card
- End date of Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card
- Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card will end on August 5, 10PM PDT / August 6, 7AM CEST.
- Time remaining for the Survivor Pass will be displayed on the in-game lobby and the mission/reward tab.
- When purchasing the Premium Pass, players will be shown the pass end date to confirm whether they want to purchase the pass.
- Premium Pass and Level Up Tickets can only be purchased and up until August 5, 1AM PDT / 10AM CEST.
- Results Summary
- Once the Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card ends, you can view your achievements and detailed information about acquired rewards, levels achieved, and mission status on the results page.
- Additional information:
- You can check your achievement completion percentage for each mission type (Daily, Weekly, Beginner, Premium) from the Missions tab.
- You can view the total amount of rewards acquired on the Rewards tab.
- Grace Period
- Remaining coupons will expire once the Coupon Shop is closed.
- There will be a grace period for claiming rewards and XP once the Survivor Pass ends, until the next Live Update Maintenance on the late August.
- Level Up tickets cannot be used during the Grace Period (after the pass ends) but will remain in your inventory and available for use during future passes.
- XP for completed missions can be claimed by using the Claim All button until the next Live update Maintenance.
- Coupon Shop will be open until the next Live update maintenance.
New Vehicle: BRDM-2
- BRDM-2 can only be called in as a special Care Package using the Flare Gun on all maps and it replaces the armored UAZ.
- Over waterways or terrain, this amphibious vehicle increases your options to navigate firefights and the Battlegrounds themselves.
- BRDM-2’s total HP is 2500 and its health is twice as much as UAZ, while its gigantic, sturdy wheels cannot be damaged.
- Powerful bulletproof vehicle that can reduce incoming damage such as ammunition based assaults as well as grenades and red zone damage.
- BRDM-2 is an amphibious vehicle that can continue to ground travel on water, but players can’t shoot while on board.
- It has a capacity of up to four players on board, and Its top water speed is 22km/h and top speed on the road is 102km/h when boosted.
- Damage modifiers that BRDM-2 receives differ per mode:
- In SOLO mode, the damage taken is increased by 80%
- In DUO mode, the damage taken is increased by 40%
New Weapon: Deagle
- The Deagle is a handgun that deals the strongest pistol damage with great muzzle velocity and will be spawned on all maps.
- Deagle can deal 62 damage per shot and take both red-dot and holographic sights, various magazines and a laser sight that improves hip fire accuracy.
- With greater than average pistol damage and muzzle velocity comes harder to control recoil.
- Deagle has a single fire mode type that uses .45 ACP ammo and the standard magazine fits 7 rounds. (It can be extended to 10 with an extended magazine)
Improved Loot Sorting
- You won't get lost going through unorganized loot anymore. Loot is now organized for player crates, vicinity loot, and care packages.
Auto Replace Weapon Skin
- You can automatically replace the skin on a picked up weapon with your own with the new option.
- You can toggle Auto Replace Weapon Skin option from Settings - Gameplay - Functionalities
- When toggled on, the weapon you pick up will have the skin replaced with your own weapon skin.
- If there is no skin to replace, the weapon skin of the picked up weapon will stay as is.
- Ledge grab allows you to take new paths by climbing up the edge of roofs, fences, and obstacles up to 2.5 meters high, and jump from building to building or container to container.
- Now that players can move to places they weren’t able to reach before, we look forward to seeing gameplay with new strategies climbing to places your opponent won’t be able to anticipate.
How to use
- You can activate ledge grab by either jumping or vaulting A and then continue to press A or by pressing A at the right timing in midair, heading towards the target location.
- You can cancel the ledge grab while it is activated and fall to the ground by following the same method of cancelling the vaulting/climbing.
A message from the Dev Team on ledge grab
This is the first iteration of ledge grab, you cannot yet hang on the railings or slide down railings. However, ledge grab will be updated twice in total, including this update, and the dev team will keep working to enable those features just mentioned from the other update in the future.
We anticipate a similar adoption period for ledge grab as we had with the initial introduction of vaulting. We will work to isolate any improvements or modifications that need to be made during the early stages of the feature’s launch.
We will continue to make our best efforts to quickly ensure the feature is as stable and useful as possible. We very much appreciate your interest and feedback.
Improved Gas Can
- Added strategic elements to the Gas Can, an item that used to be seen to have few advantages to loot.
- As soon as Gas Can explodes, it will deal damage to all players in a radius around it’s location.
- When the Gas Can is blown up, it deals damage in a radius around it, dealing more damage to those close by
- Keep in mind that you can hurt both yourself and your teammates if you stand too close to the explosion, so be careful!
How to use
- Drop a Gas Can on the ground and damage it with bullets or throwables, which will cause it to explode and deal damage to those close by.
- Each Gas Can will now display individually in the inventory when players have more than one Gas Can to reduce confusion, as dropping multiple Gas Cans will not multiply the damage.
Playing with players from different regions in random Duo or Squad matches or players with no access to voice chat have made it difficult to establish team-based strategy through close communication between team members. To help solve this problem, we are introducing text-based Radio Messages that will help you communicate with your team more quickly and easily for successful strategic gameplay.
- Click R-Stick to open the Radio Message Wheel UI.
- There are 8 types of messages provided–selected messages will be displayed on the left screen and immediately shown to your teammates.
- Pings has various interactions.
- Select Ping near a certain item, and you can share the name and location of the pinged item with your teammates.
- You can also use Ping on Care Packages or death crates to share their location.
- Ping the direction you want to move toward to share the direction with your teammates.
- All these features above automatically place a marker on the map and will be useful to utilize together with the Tactical Map Marker.
- Enemy Spotted allows you to quickly share the location of an enemy you’ve spotted.
- Use Enemy Spotted at the enemy’s location to mark it on the map and share it with your teammates.
- Messages vary by distance:
- Near Range: less than 50M
- Medium Range: less than 200M
- Long Range: 200M or more
- Example: ENEMY SPOTTED! Long Range 300′
- Ping and Enemy Spotted send messages to teammates within 300M.
- Need Ammo works dynamically, with the message reflecting the ammo type of the weapon you are holding.
- Example: If you select Need Ammo while holding an M416, the message sent to your teammates will be “I NEED 5.56mm.”
- You can mute Radio Messages from teammates individually by holding X in the Team Management menu.
Kill distance has been added to center-screen kill messages.
- The distance between you and the enemy you killed will be displayed alongside the standard kill message in the middle of the screen.
- Kill distance will only be shown you kill enemies from over 100M away.
- This will appear only when you kill the enemy by yourself.
- DBNO kill messages remain the same and won’t show kill distance.
Auto Equip Attachments Improvement
- The Auto Equip Scope option will no longer be visible if the Auto Equip Attachments option is toggled off.
Store Update (Xbox)
- The store item list will be updated on July 30 when the Live servers maintenance begins.
- Every item except BP crates and the Road Warrior Helmet will be removed from the store
- Added to the Store
- 19 new weapon skins you can purchase using G-Coin or BP.
- 17 outfits you can purchase using G-Coin or BP.
- 10 summer themed items.
- 6 emotes you can purchase using BP.
- A Level 1 Helmet skin you can purchase using BP.
- Emblem Animation
- For every 10 level-ups, a new tier emblem animation will be displayed to show your tier progression.
- Added brightness options for each map
- Brightness option are now changeable per map, to allow players more choice with each map’s unique visual characteristics.
- A new option allows you to adjust brightness for each map individually.
- You can also use the existing option to adjust brightness of all maps together.
- Readability improved for parachute UI
- Improved Survivor Pass in-game mission list UIThe in-game mission list UI has been improved to more clearly distinguish completed missions from in-progress/uncompleted missions
- Improved the performance by optimizing the client.
- Optimized the ESRAM memory usage of certain hardware devices.
- Fixed an issue where the reload sound played repeatedly when unequipping a weapon while reloading.
- Fixed an issue where the audible reload range of the AWM was significantly lower compared to other SRs.
- Fixed an issue where character’s limbs overlapped when reloading the R45 and AKM in specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where a male hairstyle did not match the thumbnail.
- Fixed an issue where the automatic firing mode option did not apply during War Mode matches.
- Fixed an issue which caused the firing sound to be lower than intended when near a Motorbike or Snowmobile.
- Fixed an issue where weapon charms attached to a Tommy Gun would overlap an attached Extended Mag.
- Fixed an issue where some UI elements could disappear temporarily when watching a player in a replay or spectator mode.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle deaths caused by other vehicles are not displayed in the killfeed for observers.
- Fixed an issue where the speedometer in the dashboard of certain vehicles did not function correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the throwable UI overlapped when switching between specific throwable items.
- Fixed an issue where characters rising from lowered stances at distances further than 50 meters away would appear to stand up without any visible animation.
- Fixed an issue where dropping empty shotgun shells had no sound when reloading the S686.
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could drop in unintended locations on Vikendi, including out of the map boundary.
- Fixed an issue where players who were DBNO while ADSing, returned to the ADS state after being revived.
- Fixed an issue which could affect players experiencing poor network connectivity causing the player to enter the falling animation when ejecting from the plane.
- Fixed an issue where players were not rewarded a kill if their DBNO opponent was killed by self-inflicted or environmental damage, such as grenade or fall damage.
- Fixed an issue where players who were DBNO during the initial vault animation, would complete the animation while in DBNO state.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from following other players with the in-game friends list.
- Fixed an issue in which players were able to pass and shoot through windows without them breaking.
- Fixed an issue where freezing occurs on certain situations.
- Fixed an issue when automatically replacing Extended Mag with QuickDraw Ext. Mag the amount of reloaded ammo reduces.
- Fixed an issue where the character graphics disappear for a while when switching through the Customization menu tabs.
- Fixed an issue where ledge grab functioned just by jumping.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to pass through the wall when using ledge grab on certain stairs on Erangel map.
- Fixed an issue where certain outfits were incorrectly displaying.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to use auto-run while having the radio message UI on.
- Fixed an issue where the radio message UI appears when releasing the aiming button while leaning.
- Fixed an issue where the LOD issue occurs when quickly zooming in and out the scope.
- Fixed an issue where the quick marker does not function in SOLO mode.