The 25th update for PUBG on PC is now live, with lots of new content in-game plus a host of gameplay and UI improvements.
Headlining the update is the new 'Night Mode', a brand new weapon and a new vehicle for Vikendi - snowbikes.
The new content is available now on the test server, before going live to live servers, and for NA and EU the test server can only be played on Sanhok and Vikendi in squads in FPP.
Another new addition is the 'canted sight', which lets players toggle between the long scope and short scope, on weapons that have slots for two scopes.
The new Night Mode is only for Vikendi, and don't panic, a huge moon in the sky will ensure that visibility is still good.
PUBG PC Update #25 - Patch Notes
New Weapon: Bizon
Added new SMG weapon - the Bizon
- Bizon is an SMG exclusive to Vikendi and Erangel
- Uses 9mm ammunition and holds 53 rounds by default
- Can only take muzzle and sight attachments
- Does not take grips or magazines
New Attachment: Canted Sight
- Added Canted Sight as a new attachment
- Canted sight is a new scope for weapons with a secondary scope slot
- ALT + Right click toggles between equipped sights
- Canted sight can be used with
- AR – Beryl M762, AKM, AUG, M416, Mutant, QBZ, SCAR-L, G36C
- DMR – SLR, Mini14, Mk14, QBU, SKS
- SR – AWM, M24, Kar98k
- SMG – UMP, Vector, Bizon
- Shotgun – S12K
- LMG – M249
- The main scope you see when you aim will be different depending on which slot you attach the canted sight and scope
- If you equip Canted Sight only, your primary sight will be the Canted Sight.
- If you equip Canted Sight after scope, your primary sight will be your scope.
- If you equip scope after canted sight, your primary sight will be the Canted Sight.
- With the Canted Sight update, the weapon’s position and view of angle might feel slightly different than before while in ADS. However, any features which might affect gunplay, such as scope’s position in ADS, FOV, and recoil, were not changed.
New Vehicle: Snowbike
The snowbike is a new vehicle that can only be found on Vikendi
- Snowbike is quicker and has better mobility than the Snowmobile, however, it is much less durable and easily destroyed
- The motorcycle will no longer spawn on Vikendi
- Added new weather setting on Vikendi
- Moonlight: Although the setting is at night, the big glowing super moon and bright aurora borealis will help you to detect enemies
- Modified and decreased the damage amount delivered to vests
- The existing damage calculation used to apply 100% damage to vests
- Vests have been modified to receive lower damage
- Modified the damage system of throwable weapons
- Damage and effects are now applied correctly to players hiding behind very small obstacles such as a thin poles
- Trajectory guideline is now shown properly until the throwable weapon leaves a player’s hand
- Reduced the delay when opening a parachute
- This will make players able to change directions much earlier
- Vikendi – Bluezone Modifications
- Bluezone will be generated further away from the center
- Damage of the last zone has been increased
- Vikendi – Item spawns have been modified
- Decreased the number of SMGs and increased the number of ARs
- Decreased the number of DMRs
- SR rate remains the same
- Reduced the number of LV3 helmets and vests
- Balanced the spawn ratio of attachments
- For full details, please refer to ‘Dev Letter: Vikendi Item Spawn Rebalance‘
- Vikendi – Optimized performance by modifying the number of footprints shown around the player
- Improved frame drops in the lobby and inventory.
Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- You can now redeem all “drop in supply” rewards at once
- You can now redeem all claimable rewards from the pass reward screen at once
- Click “Claim All” on the lower left to receive all claimable rewards
- Changed the number of times you can swap daily missions from 1 to 3 missions per day
- High difficulty mission balance
- Adjusted several highly difficult missions from daily and weekly mission lists
- Missions that had previously been announced are excluded from the balancing
- Improved team invite settings and status system
- You can now control where you receive invites from by using the team invite settings
- Receive All: Accept team invites from all players
- Friends Only: Accept invites only from players added to your friends list
- Block All: Block all team invites
- You can also set your status to online or offline from the friend system menu
- If you are set to offline, your status will be shown as offline to all other players, and you will not receive team invites
- You can now control where you receive invites from by using the team invite settings
- Deleted the new item notice marker from the left menu of the items page on the store menu
- When selecting ‘new’ in the sorting tab on the items page, crates will have priority over individual items if they share the same release date
- Improved UI widget visibility, which is located on the bottom center of the game screen
- Added additional game options
- Added an option to set default firing mode for weapons
- Added a keybind option for (Alt + Right Click by default) Canted Sight, a new attachment
- Added a keybind option (J by default) to inspect your weapon
- Purchase failure message will pop up when a purchase fails due to a Steam issue
Skins & Items
- Added BattleStat weapon skin
- With a BattleStat weapon skin applied, the number of players killed with that weapon is recorded/displayed on the skin.
- Press J in-game to instantly view the number of kills made with that weapon.
- The tag [BATTLESTAT] appears in front of the item’s name, and the number of kills made with that skin can be seen in the weapon skin page’s preview screen as well
- Kills are recorded only when the original owner of the skin is using the skin
- If a player other than the skin’s owner picks up a weapon with the BattleStat weapon skin applied to it, the panel that shows the number of kills will be locked and new kills will not be recorded
- The panel is also locked where the owner of the BattleStat item is unclear, such as in the marketplace or store.
- The item can be traded in the marketplace, and once ownership goes to a different player, the number of kills recorded on the skin will be reset.
- The count will be reset if you return weapon skins as BP.
- BattleStat weapon skins can be purchased for 10 BP on the Test Server for system testing purposes. Once the patch is pushed to the Live Server, the item can be acquired through a BP crate that can be opened with a purchased key.
- Added ‘EAST ERANGEL POLICE CRATE’ as a new crate
- This crate will be available 1/29 PST on the Live Server
- This crate can be unlocked using the East Erangel Police Key
- The ‘[BATTLESTAT] Industrial Security – AKM’ item can be gained from the ‘EAST ERANGEL POLICE CRATE’ at a very low chance
- Drop rates of each item for the ‘EAST ERANGEL POLICE CRATE’ ar as follows:
The composition of random crates and their drop rates have been adjusted with the addition of the EAST ERANGEL POLICE CRATE.
- Added 2018 Fall crate as a random crate
- Random crate drop rate
Item grades for event items have been adjusted so they have a more appropriate value
- Item settings have been changed so they can be exchanged for the appropriate amount of BP according to their grade
- Fixed the issue of only changing the POV of third person when pressing ALT key while moving the screen
- Modified blood effects not working properly in certain service modes.
- Fixed an issue where emote wheels were sometimes shown differently in in-game and out-game
- Fixed an issue where you could occasionally hear a footstep when the UZI was empty
- Fixed an issue where care packages would sometimes dig into the ground and before coming back up when landing
- Fixed an issue with vehicle locations sometimes being shown differently
- Fixed an issue where a teammate’s UI was still being shown even if they left the game before the match started
- Fixed an issue where the kill feed would sometimes not show properly when a player was downed/killed by fists
- Fixed an issue where a character would sometimes not use health items if the key is pressed during melee attacks
- Fixed an issue where the nickname and report message was sometimes not showing when spectating a player driving a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where the camera sometimes showed the opposite direction when in death cam/replay
- Fixed an issue where the ‘No throwables’ UI message was sometimes being shown when the unequipped throwable weapon was selected [using smart key/use designated weapon key]
- Fixed an issue where the motorcycle engine would sometimes not turn off after the player has left the vehicle
- Fixed an issue where a character was sometimes not able to loot even though they had the space to
- Fixed an issue where the scooter would sometimes shake severely when in spectator/deathcam/replay
- Fixed an issue where item use was sometimes interrupted when the crouch/lean key was pressed when crouch/lean and change seats are set to the same key
- Fixed an issue where a player’s character would sometimes not receive damage when the character left a vehicle at the right moment while crashing onto an object
- Fixed an issue where you’d sometimes see a flickering afterimage when coming out of ADS mode with a scope attached in FPP
- Fixed an issue where a vehicle would sometimes disappear when a player exits the client and re-enters the game while in the vehicle
- Fixed an issue where the lobby screen was not always shown properly in 32:9 resolution
- Fixed an issue where characters would sometimes have an excessive amount of instantaneous velocity when a character and vehicle collide with each other
- Fixed an issue where the lobby screen would sometimes overlap each other when in low FPS
- Fixed an issue where the weapons UI would sometimes overlap if you promptly change weapons twice
- Fixed an issue where the marker would sometimes not be removed using ‘Delete’ key in Spectate mode
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the rear wheel of the motorcycle to lift up easily and flip over when lowering speed and changing direction
- Fixed an issue where doors could sometimes be opened from an unreachable distance in TPP mode
- Doors will now only be opened when in reachable distance
- Fixed an issue where vehicles could get stuck on a certain structure in Erangel
- Fixed an issue where boulders in a specific area could not be seen from far distances on Erangel
- Fixed an issue where bullets only went through one side of the fence on a certain bridge in Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where objects in a certain location on Sanhok were missing
- Fixed an issue where characters could pass through or get stuck in a certain structure in Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where characters could pass through the ground in a certain location in Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where characters could not get up when close to a specific boulder in Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where characters could go through or get stuck in a certain location in Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where bullets would not go through a certain fence in Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where items could not be picked up from a specific location in Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where characters could open doors from behind the wall of a certain structure in Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where foliage in certain areas would look like they are floating in Vikendi
- Fixed an issue that footprints would not be displayed when you jump and move on the snowfield in Vikend