The developers of the massively popular PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) have released the PC 1.0 Update #13 patch which features a number of tweaks and balance changes after April’s massive update.
PUBG is one of the most popular games on Earth, hitting an incredible 30 million worldwide sales in February of 2018, and the PC 1.0 Update #12 in April was one of the biggest seen to date.
As a result, update #13, released on May 16th, focuses more on bug fixes, a few minor weapon balance changes, and a new crate named “Aviator”.
The developers note that they are keeping a close eye on “statistics and feedback you’re sharing with us regarding these balance changes” and also note that the M16A4 is likely to be tweaked in the near future.
They also specifically comment on performance issues that some players have been experiencing, stating that they are making it a priority to address them:
“Addressing FPS drops is our top priority, and we hope to have more updates to address performance improvements soon. For now, the team will be trying out fixes throughout this patch cycle. Thanks for staying patient with us in the meantime.”
The full patch notes for the update are as follows:
PLAYERUNKNOWN BATTLEGROUND’s 1.0 Update #13 – Patch Notes May 16th
- Both the Lightweight Grip and Half Grip can now be attached to the Vector.
- Some minor weapon balance adjustments:
- CUSTOMIZATION > GEAR tab has been added. Go here to equip parachute skins.
- Tooltips for weapon attachments have been edited to make them more intuitive.
- Added support for Ukrainian. Thank you to all the Ukrainian players who participated in the translation process!
- Game lobby now supports multiple languages.
- Fixed an issue where certain buildings in Miramar were shown with default textures
- Fixed some walls in Miramar that could be partially passed through
- Removed the white mark that appeared alongside the aircraft icon on the minimap
- Scope reticle settings should no longer reset when weapons are dropped and picked up again
- We’ve improved the holographic sight’s reticle. It’s now the same size as a character silhouette seen from 100m away
- Certain animations on the buggy and minibus have been fixed
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused characters to sit at odd angles if entering into vehicles from a prone position on a sloped surface
- Fixed an issue causing red dot and holo sight reticles to get smaller and blurry when swapping weapons
- “Damage-received” sounds should no longer play after winning a game
New Crate – Aviator
- A new crate (Aviator Crate) with new outfits has been added. Find it in the STORE menu
- TEST SERVER ONLY: For testing purposes, we will provide 100K BP, 20x Weapon Skin Keys, 20x Early Bird Keys, 20x Aviator Keys, and 10x Aviator Crates to all test accounts.
- Added new parachute skin
- Remember that the Target Practice Pan skin will no longer be available after the planned 5/17 update!