PUBG’s new Deston map revealed: Release date, new weapons, movement mechanics & more
PUBG has added a new map “Deston” to their roster and it will be released soon. If you’re wondering how does the new map look like and what are its features, here’s everything you need to know.
PUBG is about to add the largest and densest map they ever created and its size will be similar to the likes of Erangel and Miramar. The overall features are quite different and players got a sneak peek from their latest Dev Talk.
The main objective of this new map is to deliver the sweet spot between fun gameplay and immersing players in the game. So, without further ado, let’s get right into the details of the new Deston map in PUBG: Battlegrounds.
When will PUBG release the Deston map?
The Deston map will see light in PUBG: Battlegrounds on July 13, 2022. As we mentioned earlier, it’s arguably going to be the largest, tallest, and densest map players have ever seen.
Players can experience a variety of features like dense urban settings, swamps, and more throughout an entire game on this new map.
What are the features of the Deston map in PUBG?
Like Erangel and Miramar, Deston will also have an 8×8 dimension. The physical features seem to be inspired by some of its previously released maps and players will be able to experience a ton of variety.
The map will feature different biomes, making players strategize their moves accordingly to get that Chicken Dinner. Here’s what the mini map looks like:
Deston features a total of four biomes: The Swampland, Central Plains, Concert District, and Western Highlands. These four different types of physical features make up the new map, proving to be a new adventure for the players.
- The Swampland – This part is located in the northern part of the map. It’s unique and the environment is filled with dense and lush mangrove forest calls. Combats occurring here are mostly going to be in close quarters.
- Central Plains – This area provides a more traditional experience, similar to the likes of Erangel. It’s a perfect blend of cover, scenery, and points of interest. Players can hot-drop into some of the big locations here like the Lodge and experience some adrenaline-filled gunfights.
- Concert District – The eye-catching sight in this area is a gigantic chicken balloon floating in the air. Here, opportunities for all ranges of engagement will be available in plenty.
- Western Highlands – This area would be a paradise for snipers and marksman riflers. Put on a Ghillie suit from the supply drop and march your way to victory from this rocky atmosphere.
Deston will also feature new weapons and tactical gear
With the arrival of a new map, two new weapons and a tactical gear will also make their way into the game. The Origin 12 and MP9 are the two new weapons that have been introduced in PUBG: Battlegrounds.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
The Origin 12 is a slug shotgun with superior accuracy and range while the MP9 is an SMG that specializes in close-quarter situations.
- Read More: Is PUBG: Battlegrounds free-to-play?
The Blue Chip Detector will be the newest Tactical Gear option in the game. It helps to detect the location of opposing players within a certain radius but comes with a delay. As a result, players’ real-time location won’t be revealed.
We can see more details about this new gear once the update goes live.
Deston will bring in new movement mechanics
Along with all the new additions mentioned so far, Krafton will incorporate a whole slew of new movement mechanics into their game. This includes redeploying parachutes, ascending via motorized pulleys, and more.
Some of these new additions seem to be inspired by the likes of Warzone and Grand Theft Auto. Here’s a rundown of all the new movement mechanics arriving with Deston:
- Ascender – It’s a motorized pulley that allows players to attach themselves to the wall of buildings. It makes an easy way of traversing from the ground to the top and vice versa.
- Emergency Parachute – This has been created for players to jump from the mighty heights in Deston. It is a default item in players’ inventories and remains always-on, so the parachute will redeploy for players and save them from the nose-diving into the ground.
- Gas Pump Stations – These are new additions and allow players to fill up their vehicles while traveling around the map. Like GTA, these locations can also explode if they are shot at.
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about the new map Deston in PUBG: Battlegrounds.