The maintenance period for PUBG Mobile update 0.12.0 has now concluded. The latest update brings an array of new features - full patch notes below.
0.12.0 patch notes
PUBG have released the full patch notes for the big PUBG Mobile 0.12.0 update. They are as follows:
New Feature: EvoZone
- Replaces Event mode
- Survive Till Dawn is now under this mode
- More new modes will be added in the future
New EvoZone Mode: Darkest Night
- Stay alive for one night while fighting zombies
- All teams that are still alive at dawn will win
Changes to Survive Till Dawn:
- Stun Grenades now also stun zombies
- Added Liquid Nitrogen Grenades to freeze enemies and reduce their movement speed
- Added jumping zombies and zombie dogs
- Some zombies can now climb over low walls or onto roofs
- Added RPG-7 and Jungle Style Magazines
- Flamethrowers now deal more damage
- M134 handling has been tuned
- Players will gain affixes that grant certain buffs
- Zombies now move slower after being hit by firearms
- Added Survive Till Dawn quick chat messages to Default and Classic voice packs
- Daily missions can now be completed in Survive Till Dawn
- Players can now spectate matches that their friends, Crews or Clan members are currently in, and view others' information while spectating as well as adjust Spectator Mode privacy settings
- Scope cros-shair colors can now be changed in settings
- Portable Closets can now be swapped while in a match
- Spring Theme and Treasure is now available. Each draw guarantees a unique reward, and Sakura Dacia or Pink Rose Set is a guaranteed drop when drawing 10
- Popularity has been added to Spaces. Players can now show their support by giving LIKEs to one another, and become Partners with friends that have 400 Synergy or more. Partners will appear in each other's Spaces
- Players can now add Shop items as favorites and be notified when these items are on sale
- Duplicated time-limited items will now be stacked to only show 1 icon per item with total amount of time remaining (maximum duration is 999 days)
- New Achievements: Best Companion, Superstar, Winning Culture, Adventurer, Until Dawn, and A Step Too Far
- Automatic door-opening has been tuned
- Dynamic weather odds have been tuned
- More buildings have been added to Dino Park, Coal Mines and Goroka in Vikendi
- Crew Challenge qualifying round has been expanded, and top 10 teams now get unique outfits
- Emulator detection enhanced to stop emulator players from being matched with players on mobile devices
- Friend invitations now show map and lag information
- Quick Chat messages are now edited in Inventory
- Quick Chat messages can now be displayed as a wheel to make sending messages faster and easier
- Shadow effects can now be disabled to reduce resource consumption, heat and battery usage
- Added a reminder on dismantling duplicated items for Silver
- Previews are now available in some pages. Tap the reward icon to preview outfits
- Gallery now only show items currently in stock at the Shop
- Cloth Bandana (Leopard) with first purchase has ended. Rewards for first purchase of the season will be updated
- RP Backpack now remember settings from the previous season
- Mythic outfit emotes can now be heard by more players
- Added haptic feedback to some buttons
- Added animation for dropping empty magazines when reloading
- Animation for throwing grenades while prone has been tuned
- Animation added for opening/closing doors
- Fixed a bug where hair was not displayed correctly when equipping certain headgear
- Fixed a bug where Season 6 Pants caused graphic glitches in certain foot gear
- Fixed a bug where doors were not displayed properly
- Fixed a bug where players may get stuck in buildings in certain areas
PUBG Mobile offline
Tencent has announced that PUBG Mobile will be down from April 16, 12 am UTC (April 15, 5pm PDT) to April 16, 8 am UTC (1am PDT). The lengthy maintenance period is required to update the game to its latest version.
This should mean it will be available to play again anytime around 8 am UTC. However, the announcement tweet states the new version will be available to play April 17. Consequently, it sounds like the maintenance period is to get the app ready so the update can be implemented on the server side.
PUBG Mobile has been extremely well supported since its release. Updates have been frequent and Vikendi, the PUBG snow map, has even been added.
Players using external controllers aside, the game generally runs very well. However, lag has plagued the mobile version of PUBG and players are seemingly tired of it.
The new updates will be appreciated in some quarters but others want the core game to run well firstly. One Twitter user said: "Don't give us new things.. Just fix the lag goddammit."
Waiting for COD Mobile.
Frickin fix your game fools.
— Ankur Sinha (@ankursinha95) April 15, 2019
Another took a shot at PUBG by saying they are waiting for Call of Duty to release a mobile game.
The overwhelming response though, was regarding the lag. Another comment took a more tactful approach, stating: "Just fix the lag issue want nothing more than that."
Just fix the lag issue want nothing more than that :pray::skin-tone-4::victory::skin-tone-4:
— Kunal Baru (@kingkunal21) April 15, 2019
There has been no mention from Tencent or PUBG about potential bug fixes in the 0.12.0 update for PUBG mobile.
Last updated April 16, 2019