Trainers can catch the neon fish duo in the Sinnoh remakes with a special item. Here is where to find Finneon and Lumineon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
Ever since their introduction in the 2006 DS titles, Pokemon fans can’t get enough of the glow-in-the-dark fish. The popular pair can be caught once again in the 2021 remakes.
The beautiful Water-type ‘mon are easy to locate if you know the right place to look. This guide will break down the quickest way to find Finneon and Lumineon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
Where to find Finneon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Trainers can start catching Finneon as early as Gym #2 after obtaining the Good Rod. The fishing item is obtained after passing through Hearthome City.
- Read More: How to get Trapinch, Flygon in Pokemon BDSP
Follow the steps below for the best way to catch it:
- Travel to Jubilife City and take the west exit to Route 218. Walk up to the docks and equip your Good Rod.
- Press A to use it, and wait for an exclamation mark to pop up to reel it in. The ‘mon has a 35% spawn rate here.
- If you reel in a Magikarp, run away and throw out your fishing line again. Repeat this method until you hook a Finneon on your line.
There are a variety of locations where Finneon spawns, but players must have a Good Rod to encounter it.
The neon fish can be found in water near Route 205, Route 218, Route 219, Route 220, Route 221, Valley Windworks, Fuego Ironworks, Canalave City, and Iron Island.
Where to find Lumineon in Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
After catching Finneon, you can now evolve it into Lumineon at level 31. Players that don’t want to go the evolution route can also catch its second form in the overworld.
- You need to first beat the Elite 4 and Cynthia and complete the Sinnoh Dex by seeing all 150 Pokemon in the region.
- Next head to Sandgem Town to talk to Professor Rowan to unlock the National Pokedex. Now that you have the extended Dex, head to Fight Area. It can be accessed after completing the story by talking to a sailor in Snowpoint City.
- Once in the Fight Area, immediately head north and you will see a fisherman standing outside of a tunnel. Talk to the man and he will reward you with the Super Rod.
- Now that you have the Super Rod, travel back to Jubilife City and take the west exit to Route 218. Walk on the docks and use your upgraded fishing equipment on the water.
- The Super Rod will now give you access to Lumineon, which has a 35% spawn rate.
Just like Finneon, Lumineon can also be found in the following water locations: Route 205, Route 218, Route 219, Route 220, Route 221, Valley Windworks, Fuego Ironworks, Canalave City, and Iron Island.
How to get the Good Rod in Pokemon BDSP
In order to catch Finneon, players will need to unlock the Good Rod on Route 209. After finding Hearthome City, take the east exit to Route 209 and talk to the Fisherman standing on the dock.
The NPC will automatically give you the special item just for talking to him. Once you’ve obtained the Good Rod, you can now encounter the Gen IV fish.
Because Lumineon can only be caught in the post-game, the quickest way to get it is to obtain the Good Rod early into the game and use it to catch Finneon. The Water-type evolves into its second form at level 31.
And that’s everything you need to know about catching the fish duo. Now that you have the pair on your team, check out our other BDSP guides & walkthroughs:
All Rare Candy locations | Where to find Cresselia | How to get the National Pokedex | Best starter to pick | Beating all Gym Leaders | How to get all Sinnoh starters | Best ways to make money | How to unlock Mystery Gifts | How to get Eevee | How to get Leafeon | How to get Glaceon | How to get Umbreon & Espeon | Where to catch Spiritomb | How to get Riolu & Lucario | Where to find Gible & Garchomp | How to unlock the Bike | All trade evolutions