Beldum is slightly easier to find in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl than the originals, so here’s exactly where you need to go to catch it, and how to evolve it to Metang and Metagross.
This Pokemon is a great choice for those that want to add an incredibly strong Steel/Psychic-type in the game. So, if you wish to complete Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl’s National Pokedex, you’ll certainly need to add Beldum, Metang, and Metagross to your team.
- Where to find Beldum in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Beldum evolution chart
- How to evolve Beldum to Metang and Metagross in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- How to catch Beldum in the original Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
Unlike the original Diamond & Pearl titles, things have been changed slightly in BDSP, allowing Trainers to catch Beldum a little easier than before.
- Read More: Rare Candy locations in BDSP
Now, your main port of call to track down the Steel/Psychic-type ‘mon will be to visit the Grand Underground. To get help with unlocking it, simply follow our guide.
- To locate a Beldum in BDSP, you’ll first need to ensure that you’ve become Champion and that you’ve also completed the Sinnoh Pokedex.
- After this, you’ll be able to catch the Pokemon to fill up your National Dex.
- Once you’ve unlocked the National Pokedex, there are a variety of different biomes it can spawn in. These are:
- Big Bluff Cavern / Icy Cavern / Glacial Cavern / Rocky Cave / Whiteout Cave
- Beldum can also spawn on Route 228, hidden away in the grass.
If Beldum does not appear in any of the above areas, you’ll simply need to keep trying until it does spawn.
As previously mentioned, Beldum has two evolution stages that automatically happen upon reaching certain level requirements. These are shown below.
|Beldum (Level 16)||Metang (Level 20)||Metagross (Level 45)|
Once you’ve located your very own Beldum in Pokemon BDSP, you may want to evolve it. As mentioned above, this is relatively simple – and will occur upon the ‘mon reaching Level 20 and 45.
These are the only methods of obtaining the two evolution stages, so you’ll need to find Beldum before being able to get a fully evolved Metagross.
Catching Beldum in the original title requires a different method of approach, only being available to catch via the game’s swarm mechanic, which sees other Pokemon outside of the Sinnoh region spawn.
Beldum is one such Pokemon that can only be captured via this method. In fact, Beldum has a 0% encounter rate when a Pokemon swarm isn’t active.
- Read More: How to cook Poffins
While you’ll still only have a 40% chance of finding Beldum when the swarm is active, it is the only way to catch Beldum in Diamond and Pearl. In order to add this elusive Pokemon to your team, simply follow all the steps below:
- Beat the Pokemon League and get the National Pokedex.
- Fly over to Sandgem Town.
- Go to Dawn/Lucas’s house and speak to their sister.
- See if she says anything about a Beldum sighting.
As soon as any Beldum has been spotted in the wild, the girl will tell you their location and ask you to head over to Route 228. Simply hop on your bike and cycle north through Route 229, which will eventually lead you to Route 228.
You should see a patch of grass that you can wade through, so simply run through this until Beldum eventually appears. The Steel/Psychic-type will be level 53, so make sure you have plenty of Pokeballs ready.
- Read More: How to customize outfits in Pokemon BDSP
As we stated earlier, Beldum has a 40% encounter rate, meaning it’s very likely it won’t show up on your first battle. If it doesn’t, just keep running around the tall grass until Beldum eventually appears.
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about where to find and evolve Beldum in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
For more tips and tricks to help make your time in Sinnoh more effective, make sure to check out our guides:
All Rare Candy locations | Where to find Cresselia | How to get the National Pokedex | Best starter to pick | Beating all Gym Leaders | How to get all Sinnoh starters | Best ways to make money | How to unlock Mystery Gifts | How to get Eevee | How to get Leafeon | How to get Glaceon | How to get Umbreon & Espeon | Where to catch Spiritomb | How to get Riolu & Lucario | Where to find Gible & Garchomp | How to unlock the Bike | All trade evolutions | How to customize outfits and Styles | Manaphy Egg guide