Shaking up the game again, Pokemon Unite update 1.2 releases this September with a number of features surrounding the mobile release, holowear, and the battle pass.
Pokemon Unite has continued to provide game-changing updates to the free-to-play MOBA, and this one is no different. Not only does it include a long list of character buffs and nerfs, but it also introduces cross-play between Nintendo Switch and mobile devices.
In terms of the game, players will be wondering what new features and Pokemon will be coming with update 1.2 and cross-play. Luckily, we’ve got everything right here.
Pokemon Unite patch 1.2 release time
The Pokemon Unite 1.2 update will be released on September 22, 2021.
Pokemon Unite update 1.2 patch notes
- Battle Pass: With the update, players will be able to experience an entirely revamped battle pass with new prizes to unlock
- Missions: Players will experience new missions to complete as they progress in the game
- Characters: Two new characters will be coming soon – Mamoswine and Sylveon
- Holowear: Multiple Pokemon will receive new holowear — including Garchomp, Blastoise, and Charizard!
Buffs and nerfs
A number of Pokemon have seen their moves experience some big changes in Patch 1.2, as detailed in our full breakdown.
- Fire Punch: Target gets burned when hitting multiple opponents
- Flamethrower: Increase to movement speed after attacking
- Fire Blast: Cooldown decreased
- Seismic Slam: Cooldown decreased, and it now increases damage dealt by basic attacks, restores HP when damaging opponents
- Night Slash: Cooldown decreased, decreased range of the second attack
- Sucker Punch: Cooldown decreased, increased duration of the hindrance
- Attack: Stat increase
- Fly: Cooldown reduced, increased movement in the air
- Flame Sweep: Unite technique gauge is easier to charge
- Giga Drain: Increases the reduction of damage user receives after use
- Petal Dance: Increases the total damage done, cooldown reduced, increases movement speed for longer
- Defense: Stat increase
- Sp. Defense: Stat increase
- Rough Skin: Adjustments made to activation delay
- Sp. Attack: Stat decrease
- Pound: Lower damage
- Dazzling Gleam: Lower damage
- Sing: Bug fixed
- Cute Charm: Reduced activation gap
- HP: Stat increase
- Attack: Stat increase
- Smoke Screen: Bug fixed
- Substitute: Targets hit substitute easier
- Water Shuriken: Bug fixed
- Torrent: Reduced attack boost
- Waterburst Shuriken: Unite technique gauge is easier to charge
- Slash: Reduced amount of attacks done, with increased damage per hit
- Spark: Period between moves increased, and it increases amount of consecutive Wild Charge attacks when using Spark
- Wild Charge: Cooldown decreased, reduced damage received when using attack
- Basic Attack: Damage increase
- Surf: Damage decrease
- Dive: Time between moves reduced
- Gatling Gulp Missile: Damage decrease
- Power-Up Punch: Damage to opponent lowered
- Close Combat: Damage increase, increased amount of hits, and bug fixed
- Blizzard: How damage is dealt after hitting an obstacle has changed
- Snow Globe: Bug fixed
- Pyro Ball: Cooldown reduced, increase to total damage done
- Flame Charge: Cooldown reduced
- Blazing Bicycle Kick: Bugs fixed
- Blaze: Bugs fixed
Of course, these are entirely preliminary patch notes. We’ll be sure to update this guide and the buffs & nerfs guide when the update is officially released.