Pokemon Go October 2021 Duskull Community Day: Exclusive move & can Duskull be Shiny?
Pokémon Go’s October Community Day is a spooky one, as Trainers around the world will be able to catch Duskull with an exclusive move for Dusknoir – and if they’re lucky, they might get a Shiny variant!
Community Days are monthly events that showcase one specific Pokémon. Alongside increased spawn rates, there are event-exclusive Special Research tasks to complete, bonuses like double XP, and rare moves to unlock.
Duskull, the star of the October 2021 Community Day, was first introduced in Gen III and also appeared in the ‘Camp Pikachu’ animated short. The Ghost-type Pokemon is styled after the grim reaper, making it perfect for the Halloween season.
Following the trends of other Community Days, there will be an event-exclusive move when you evolve Duskull and Dusclops during the event or shortly after. Here’s everything you’ll need to know for the October 2021 Community Day.
Pokemon Go Duskull Community Day start date & time
The October Community Day event will take place on Saturday, October 9, 2021, from 11am to 5pm in each Trainer’s local time, meaning you won’t need to worry about converting time zones.
Pokemon Go Duskull Community Day exclusive move
When you evolve Duskull (and its evolution Dusclops) into Dusknoir during the October 2021 Community Day or up to two hours after it ends, Dusknoir will know the event-exclusive move Shadow Ball.
This is a powerful Ghost-type Charged Attack that Dusknoir won’t be able to learn outside of the event unless you have an Elite Charged TM, so it’s definitely worth taking the time to evolve one now.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Can Duskull be Shiny in Pokemon Go?
The good news is that Shiny Duskull is available in Pokemon Go, along with its evolved forms. It made its debut during the game’s 2017 Halloween celebrations and has an eye-catching red color scheme.
Shiny variations aren’t easy to catch, and they’ll only ever show up at random, but the good news is that there will be an increased chance of finding a Shiny Duskull during the October 2021 Community Day.
Pokemon Go October 2021 Community Day bonuses
There will be multiple bonuses to enjoy during Pokemon Go’s October Community Day event:
- Trainers can earn triple Catch Stardust during event hours.
- Incense and Lure Modules activated during event hours will last for three hours.
- Up to four free Sinnoh Stones will be available by completing free Timed Research to help evolve Dusclops into Dusknoir.
- There will be 30 Ultra Balls available in the shop for free to help catch Duskull.
- Taking a few snapshots during the event will result in a special surprise.
- For $1, you will be able to access an exclusive Special Research story called Nothin’ Dull about Duskull.
How to prepare for Pokemon Go Community Days
If you’re going to take part in a Community Day, there are a few things you can do to prepare and get the most out of the event:
- Purchase at least two Incense to use throughout the day.
- Save any Lures you have as they will last for three hours during the event.
- Stock up on LOTS of Poke Balls so you can catch plenty of the headline Pokemon.
- Clear out your Pokemon Storage for all the catching you’ll be doing.
- Purchase a ticket from the Shop to unlock the Community Day’s Special Research.
All previous Community Day Pokemon in 2021
That’s everything you need to know about October’s Duskull Community Day. Visit our Pokemon Go home page and follow @TrainerINTEL for the latest news and all the guides you need.