Pokemon Go trainers have been limited to Level 40 ever since it releases in July of 2016. Now though, that limit has been removed, with Level 50 being the new maximum. Here are the requirements to attain each level all the way up to 50.
As many of you will know, reaching Level 40 required nothing more than accumulating XP. The amount of required XP was increased exponentially as you ascended through the levels.
Reaching Level 41 and beyond works a little differently, however. You will still need to accrue XP but there are various tasks you will also need to complete.
Here are all the requirements to reach each of Level 41 through to Level 50 in Pokemon Go.
- Earn 26,000,000 XP
- Power up a Legendary Pokemon 20 times
- Win 30 Raids
- Catch 200 Pokemon in a single day
- Earn 5 Gold Medals
- Earn 33,500,000 XP
- Evolve Eevee into each of its unique Evolutions
- Use items to evolve Pokemon 15 times
- Make 3 Excellent Throws
- Use 200 Berries to help catch Pokemon
- Earn 42,500,000 XP
- Earn 100,000 Stardust
- Use 200 Supereffective Charged Attacks
- Catch 5 Legendary Pokemon
- Earn 5 Platinum Medals
- Earn 53,500,000 XP
- Win 30 Trainer Battles in the Great League
- Win 30 Trainer Battles in the Ultra League
- Win 30 Trainer Battles in Master League
- Win 20 Trainer Battles in the GO Battle League
- Earn 66,500,000 XP
- Defeat 100 Team Go Rocket Grunts
- Purify 100 Shadow Pokemon
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader 50 times
- Earn 10 Platinum Medals
- Earn 82,000,000 XP
- Complete 100 Field Research tasks
- Take a snapshot of a Pokemon 7 days in a row
- Make 50 Excellent Throws
- Hatch 30 Eggs
- Earn 100,000,000 XP
- Raid related tasks
- Earn 121,000,000 XP
- Buddy related tasks
- Earn 146,000,000 XP
- Friendship related tasks
- Earn 176,000,000 XP
- Other requirements TBA
Level 41+ XP Requirements and Level Up Rewards have been added. pic.twitter.com/jc2vkfGti0
— PokeMiners (@poke_miners) November 19, 2020
Even Level 41 has a daunting list of requirements and that only increases as you go through the levels. Fortunately, any XP requirements you have already achieved will count, meaning you won’t need to start over at each level.
For example, if you already have 35,000,000 XP then you won’t need to worry about getting more until Level 43. However, specific tasks won’t carry over. So, in the example of the Level 44 requirements, you will need to win Trainer Battles from specific leagues all over again – previous wins won’t count.
The full requirements will be updated as and when they become available. Even the most dedicated of Pokemon Go trainers have yet to unlock the very highest levels. It’s safe to say that any trainer that gets to Level 50 really is a Pokemon Go master.
Good luck, trainers.