Niantic revealed that Gen 5 was finally coming to Pokemon Go in its Ultra Bonus Challenge announcement but now we may know which Unova Pokemon are coming first.
Given Chrales' general content of tweets though, it is reasonable to say it's likely that this is indeed referring to the first batch of Unova Pokemon that will appear in Pokemon Go.
The following Pokemon are included in the images tweeted:
- Snivy, Servine and Serperior
- Tepig, Pignite and Emboar
- Oshawott, Dewott and Samurott
- Patrat and Watchdog
- Lillipup, Herdier and Stoutland
- Purrloin and Liepard
- Pansage and Simisage
- Pansear and Simisear
- Panpour and Simipour
- Munna and Musharna
- Pidove, Tranquill and Unfezant
- Blitzle and Zebstrika
- Woobat and Swoobat
- Drilbur and Excadrill
- Timburr and Conkeldurr (Gurdurr not included apparently)
- Dwebble (Crustle not included)
- Scraggy and Scrafty
- Yamask and Cofagrigus
- Foongus and Amoonguss
- Ferroseed and Ferrothorn
- Klink, Klang and Klinklang
- Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure
- Golett and Golurk
- Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon
recently found unova pokémon pic.twitter.com/oQpjVUg8yc
— Chrales (@Chrales) August 30, 2019
The list itself is quite substantial and includes 61 different species, including evolutions. The Unova Pokedex has a total of 156 Pokemon, which suggests that the entirety of this 61 long list won't be added straight away.
- Read More: Pokemon Go tip: Save 10 seconds every catch
By contrast Gen 4's first batch only added 26. This did include the starter Pokemon - Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup - the first of which headlines the Pokemon Go September Community Day. It also included the regional birds but didn't add any legendaries, which isn't exactly surprising.
We can expect to see a similar number added when Gen 5 is finally added on September 16. This will be the third bonus week of the Ultra Bonus Challenge.