Team Rocket's arrival into Pokemon Go has brought a brand new special research quest - A Troubling Situation.
Pokemon Go's latest special research quest addition will introduce trainers to the villains of Pokemon, Team Rocket. The evil team, hellbent on theft of items and Pokemon, are causing trouble in the Pokemon Go world and it is your job to stop them.
The special research quest will take you through many Team Rocket related tasks which surround the addition of Shadow Pokemon. Without spoiling too much of the narrative, it is your job to purify the Pokemon, removing their soulless shadow status.
:heavy_exclamation_mark:️:rotating_light::heavy_exclamation_mark:️ Attention, Trainers :heavy_exclamation_mark:️:rotating_light::heavy_exclamation_mark:️
We need your help! Team GO Rocket has invaded the world of Pokémon GO! :fearful::scream::fearful:https://t.co/7wOjcJcOxG pic.twitter.com/TliHajpTPa
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) July 25, 2019
A Troubling Situation tasks list
The tasks for the Team Rocket related special research request are broken down into four stages. The tasks and rewards for completing each of them are as follows:
A Troubling Situation 1/4
- Evolve 2 Pokemon - Murkrow Encounter
- Power up Pokemon 5 times - Sableye Encounter
- Rewards: 1,000 Stardust, 2,000 XP
A Troubling Situation 2/4
- Catch 2 Shadow Pokemon - Ekans Encounter
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts - Koffing Encounter
- Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, 2,000 XP, 5 Golden Razz Berries
A Troubling Situation 3/4
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokemon - 3,000 Stardust
- Purify a Fire, Water or Grass-type Pokemon - 3,000 XP
- Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, 5 Silver Pinap Berries, 1 Rare Candy
A Troubling Situation 4/4
- Completed Automatically - 3,000 Stardust
- Completed Automatically - 3,000 XP
- Completed Automatically - 1,000 Stardust
- Rewards: 1 Fast TM, 1 Charged TM, 3 Rare Candies
More trouble to come?
Upon completion of the final stage of A Troubling Situation, Professor Willow will say "The world is under attack! Can we count on you to help protect it? I do hope there's nothing more to this..."
- Read More: Team Rocket have returned to Pokemon Go
If there is one thing Pokemon games and video games in general have taught us over the years, it's when someone says a statement like that, there is almost certainly more to it.
Special research quests
Another special research quest which is available to start anytime before September 2 is the Pokemon Go Jump-Start research.
While there are no mythical Pokemon awaiting you at the end of it, the rewards for completing each task do allow you to get some XP, stardust and Pokemon encounters.
Compared to other research tasks they are also relatively easy to complete, targeted for returning players to Pokemon Go, as suggested by the name "Jump-Start".