Pokemon Sword & Shield players can finally get their hands on a Shiny Eternatus three years after the game’s release. Here’s how to get the GameStop exclusive shiny!
Eternatus, the third Legendary and true final boss of 2019’s Pokemon Sword & Shield, is a battle that many Pokemon fans are not soon to forget. But for Shiny Hunters, it was just another hurdle to cross to get the Shiny Charm.
When Pokemon Sword & Shield released, Eternatus – along with every other Legendary in the game – was Shiny Locked. This means that players could not find a Shiny Eternatus through legitimate means despite its form being in the code.
But now, in an attempt to drive more players to preorder Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, trainers can finally get a Shiny Eternatus by visiting their local GameStop.
When will Shiny Eternatus be available for players?
According to PokeBeach, the Shiny Eternatus distribution event is set to start for the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand on September 18 and last until October 1. Shiny Eternatus will also be distributed in Asia from September 16 through November 17. This will be the first time GameFreak has distributed an Eternatus via an event.
Where can players get their Shiny Eternatus code?
According to Serebii.net, players can only get their hands on this rare Pokemon at the following location depending on the region:
- US – Gamestop
- Canada – EBGames
- Australia/New Zealand – EBGames
- Philippines – Toys ‘R’ Us, TOYBOX, Toy Kingdom, ITech, SM Department Store, GameXtreme, Game One, DataBlitz and more
- Singpore – Best Dekni, BS Sons, Car Nation, Challenger, Gain City, Game Resort, Game Martz, Gamextreme, generation Games, Harvey Norma, Parisilk, PLAYe, Popular, Pokémon Center Singapore, TOG, Toys Termina, War Games, Zark Games and more
- Malaysia – Brother’s Game, Game On, Gamer’s Hideout, Impulse Gaming, M4G, Mission World, Unite Game and more
Here’s how players can claim their Shiny Eternatus from GameStop:
- Go to a GameStop (or specified store in your country) with your Nintendo Switch and a copy of Pokemon Sword & Shield
- Launch Sword & Shield and Press “X” to open the menu
- Select “Mystery Gift”
- Select “Get a Mystery Gift”
- Select “Get via Local Communication”
- Select the “Shiny Eternatus” and
This could be one of the only times in the near future when players are able to obtain this Shiny, so avid collectors need to make sure they don’t miss out on this limited-time event.