The Gen IV Mythical is being given out for free in the Sinnoh origins title, but there’s a catch. Here’s how to get Shaymin in Pokemon Legends Arceus.
In the Nintendo Switch title, Trainers explore the beginnings of the Sinnoh region. It features Hisuian forms, Frenzied ‘mon, and Legendaries, all waiting to be discovered.
To celebrate the birth of Gen IV, players can get Mythical Grass-type Shaymin for free. There is a specific prerequisite needed to unlock it, though many fans will have already met it.
- How to get Shaymin in Pokemon Legends Arceus
- How to change Shaymin to Sky Forme
- Who is Shaymin? Mythical Pokemon explained
To get Shaymin in Pokemon Legends Arceus, you need a save file from either Pokemon Sword or Shield on your Nintendo Switch console and have beaten the game.
Follow the steps below to obtain the Mythical:
- Once you finished the story and the credits have rolled, you’ll be back in Jubilife Village.
- Go to the Galaxy Building and enter Professor Laventon’s laboratory.
- Check the Request Board and you should be able to accept a side mission called Request 92: A Token of Gratitude.
- Speak to Medi and she will tell you about a mysterious Pokemon she saw and give you a Gracidea Flower.
- Travel to the Obsidian Fieldlands and look for a patch of flowers that match the flower. It’s in the Floaro Gardens west of the Fieldlands Camp.
- Once there, Shaymin will appear in its Land Forme and Medi will thank you. You can now catch the rare ‘mon.
- If it escapes from the Poke Ball, it will run away and you’ll have to reload into the map to get it to spawn again.
Now that you have Shaymin, switching it to its Sky Forme is very easy.
Simply click on the Gracidea Flower that Medi gave you in the Key Items section of your inventory and use it on the Pokemon during the day. It will transform.
To make it go back to Land Forme, it isn’t as simple as using the flower on it again. You have to put it in the Pasture and then take it back out again – it will automatically revert back.
Shaymin is a Gen IV Mythical Pokemon. It has two Formes: Land, which is a Grass-type, and Sky, a Grass/Flying dual-type which it switches to when a Gracidea Flower is used in the daytime. It reverts back at nighttime or by touching the plant again.
It first debuted in the 11th Pokemon movie, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, and made its first game appearance in Diamond & Pearl on the Nintendo DS in 2006.
And there you have it! Now you know how to get Shaymin in Pokemon Legends Arceus and switch it to Land Forme.
For more guides and walkthroughs to help you on your Hisui adventure, check out the following:
Best starter Pokemon | All Hisuian forms | Hisuian Pokedex | How to catch Darkrai | How to catch Shaymin | All Noble Pokemon | How to beat Frenzied Noble Pokemon | All Gift Pokemon | Mystery Gift codes | Agile & Strong Styles | Alpha Pokemon | How to get Garchomp | How to catch Lucario | All Unown locations | How to catch Eevee | Where to find Pikachu | Hisuian Growlithe & Arcanine location | How to evolve Kleavor | Sylveon evolution guide | Hisuian Voltorb location | How to get Hisuian Sliggoo & Goodra | Where to find Hisuian Zorua & Zoroark | Hisuian Braviary location | How to evolve Overqwil | How to get Hisuian Sneasel & Sneasler | Shiny hunting guide | How to get all three starters without trading