If you’re wondering how to find and catch Shiny Charmander in Pokemon Go, we’ve got all of the best tips and tricks you’ll need to get your very own.
Shiny Pokemon are highly sought after by trainers worldwide, and as epic as the Kanto Pokemon’s variant is, it’s no wonder that Charmander is one that players seek out the most. So, here’s how to find and catch Charmander in Pokemon Go.
- How to catch Shiny Charmander in Pokemon Go
- How to evolve Shiny Charmander to Shiny Charizard
- What are Shiny Pokemon?
- Where to find Shiny Pokemon
To catch your own Shiny Charmander in Pokemon Go, we’d recommend following these tips. While there is no sure-fire way to ensure you catch the lovable Gen 1 ‘mon, keeping these in mind can definitely make your chances a little bit higher:
- As a Fire-type Pokemon, Charmander has an increased catch ratch on a Sunny, clear day.
- Charmander can be caught in the wild, and will occasionally show up in Raids or as a Research reward.
- Charmander has an increased spawn rate in cities and residential areas, as well as in dry and arid climates.
- Use Lures from the Pokemon Go shop near Pokestops to increase your overall spawn rate.
If your Charmander encounter is shiny, a circular sparkle icon will be displayed at the top-right of their CP on the battle screen UI.
To evolve your fire-type Pokemon into Charizard, you’ll need to make sure that you’ve got plenty of Charmander Candy on hand. In total, you’ll need to ensure you’ve got 125 to take it from Charmander to Charmeleon, to Charizard.
Shiny Pokemon are rare variants of Pokemon, providing an alternative appearance for some of the game’s most iconic monsters. They’re typically much harder to find than their default forms and are incredibly sought after.
- Read More: How to get Best Buddy status in Pokemon Go
In traditional Pokemon games, players encounter Shinies by walking through grass or exploring caves. In Go, however, there are various methods that Trainers can utilize to find them.
- Read More: Best Pokemon in Pokemon Go
Niantic has listed the available methods players are able to run into Shiny Pokemon like Charmander within their mobile game. These are:
- Wild encounters
- Raid Boss encounters
- Special Research breakthroughs
- Field Research Task rewards
- Community Days
- Event-limited Pokemon like Smeargle, Ditto, Unown, and Meltan
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about how to catch Shiny Charmander in Pokemon Go.
Looking to become one of the best Trainers in Pokemon Go? Make sure to check out our guides:
Pokemon Go promo codes | Current Raid Bosses | Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour | Arlo counters guide | Cliff counters guide | Giovanni counters guide | How to get free Remote Raid Passes | Sierra counters guide | How to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go | Shop: Items list, prices, box changes | IV and CP explained | Pokemon Go Type chart: Strengths and weaknesses | Field research rewards and tasks | How to get Pinap Berries | Pokemon Go catching tips | Rocket Grunt counters guide | Pokemon Go friend codes