Pokemon Unite players who hate their username are in luck as TiMi Studios has given an option to edit it. Here is how to change your name in the Pokemon MOBA on Nintendo Switch and mobile.
When Pokemon Unite launched in July 2021, millions of players created a new account to jump into the MOBA. Unfortunately, not every Trainer is going to be thrilled with the name they chose thousands of battles later, and the new mobile release provides added incentive for a refresh.
Fortunately, there is a feature in the free-to-play title that allows users to make an alteration to their in-game username. Below we will list the quick steps to how you can change your name in the team-based multiplayer.
Luckily, changing your name in the Pokemon MOBA is relatively easy to do. Simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Home Menu and select the Shops tab.
- Step 2: Once on the shopping page, scroll down to the Aeos Emporium storefront and click the “Enter” button.
- Step 3: Once in the store select the ‘Items‘ tab and then scroll down to the very bottom and locate the ‘Rename Card‘. The item can be bought for 100 Aeos Gems (which is roughly $2 in real money).
- Step 4: After purchasing the item, your game will automatically take you to a new page where you can change your username a single time.
And that’s it! Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to earn Rename Card for free, and it has to instead be bought using the game’s premium paid currency.
- Read More: How to get Fashion Tickets in Pokemon Unite
According to the item’s description, Trainers that use the special card can’t change their name again for another three days.
As with the Nintendo Switch version of the game, changing your name is incredibly easy:
- Step 1: Go to the Home Menu and select the Shops icon. On mobile, it’s located on the right-hand side, above Lobby Search.
- Step 2: Once on the shopping page, scroll down to the Aeos Emporium storefront and click the ‘Enter‘ button.
- Step 3: Once in the store select the ‘Items‘ tab and then look for the ‘Rename Card‘. It’ll cost you 100 Aeos Gems on mobile, too – again, that’s around $2.
- Step 4: After purchasing the item, you can enter a new username
And that’s it, that’s how to change your name in Pokemon Unite! For more on the popular MOBA, be sure to check out our build guides.
For more guides on becoming the best Trainer in the game, check out our tips and character builds:
Absol | Alolan Ninetails | Blastoise | Blissey | Charizard | Cinderace | Cramorant | Crustle | Eldegoss | Garchomp | Gardevoir | Gengar | Greninja | Lucario | Machamp | Mr Mime | Pikachu | Slowbro | Snorlax | Talonflame | Wigglytuff | Venusaur | Zeraora | All Held Items | All Battle Items | Best settings | Badge & medals explained