Game Freak is celebrating the Hisui region by giving away the Dark-type Sinnoh Mythical Pokemon for free. Here is how to catch Darkrai in Pokemon Legends Arceus.
In Pokemon Legends Arceus, Trainers will be able to catch Gen IV Mythical Darkrai in a special storyline. This guide will break down where it is located and how to catch it.
Where to find Darkrai in Pokemon Legends Arceus
The Dark-type becomes available in the post-game. In order to get its special DLC mission, however, players will need to have a Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl save file on their Nintendo Switch.
Those eligible for the Legendary will then need to follow the steps below to find the ‘mon:
- After beating Mission 19: A New Day Dawns, head to the Galaxy Team Building in Jubilife Village.
- Once inside, head to Professor Laventon’s office and look at the board in the room to obtain Request 93: The Darksome Nightmare.
- With the quest accepted, go to Coronet Highlands. After arriving, immediately travel north. Darkrai can be found in the ravine in the middle of Clamberclaw Cliffs and Lonely Springs.
- Simply walk into the ravine and a cutscene featuring the Mythical will automatically trigger.
How to catch Darkrai in Pokemon Legends Arceus
Unlike previous games, Mythical Pokemon can no longer be caught right away. Similar to Noble’s, Trainers will need to stun Darkai in a special fight. After the cutscene with the ‘mon ends, it will throw a psychic blast that will leave your character unable to move.
Below we explain how to defeat the Dark-type so that you can catch it:
- In the first phase of the fight, Darkrai will throw shockwaves out that will leave you paralyzed. Use the dodge button to roll through these attacks.
- As soon as you get an opening, throw either an item or a Poke Ball to break its shield and stun it. Repeat this a few times to trigger the second phase of the battle.
- Purple rings will now form on the floor and the ‘mon will warp through the floor and disappear. Run up to the next purple ring you see and aim your Pokemon at it.
- The exact second the Legendary appears, throw your Poke Ball at the ‘mon to trigger a battle.
- Your Pokemon can now be used to lower its health. Once you get its HP to yellow or red, throw an Ultra Ball at it.
- If it breaks out, don’t sweat it. Keep your ‘mon healed and keep throwing Balls at it until it is caught.
After catching the Dark-type, the quest giver Cael will appear and thank you for ending the Diamond Clan’s nightmare with the Legendary.
Let the cutscene play out and then Request 93 will automatically be completed. You will now get to keep Darkrai as a part of your team.
And that’s it! You have now tamed the nightmare-inducing Darkrai in Pokemon Legends Arceus.
For more help on your Hiusi adventures, make sure to check out our other guides below:
Best starter Pokemon | All Hisuian forms | Hisuian Pokedex | How to catch Darkrai | How to catch Shaymin | All Noble Pokemon | How to beat Frenzied Noble Pokemon | All Gift Pokemon | Mystery Gift codes | Agile & Strong Styles | Alpha Pokemon | How to get Garchomp | How to catch Lucario | All Unown locations | How to catch Eevee | Where to find Pikachu | Hisuian Growlithe & Arcanine location | How to evolve Kleavor | Sylveon evolution guide | Hisuian Voltorb location | How to get Hisuian Sliggoo & Goodra | Where to find Hisuian Zorua & Zoroark | Hisuian Braviary location | How to evolve Overqwil | How to get Hisuian Sneasel & Sneasler | Shiny hunting guide | How to get all three starters without trading