How to evolve Eevee in Pokemon Go: All Eevee evolutions and names
There are eight possible evolutions for Eevee in Pokemon and they’re available to get in Pokemon Go but you may not know how to obtain them all, so here’s everything you need to know about Eeveelutions in the game.
Eevee has many different evolutions in Pokemon and every trainer has their favorite, whether it’s the elegant Svlveon, the electrifying Jolteon, or the icy cool Glaceon.
Every Eevee evolution is now available to obtain in Pokemon Go but it’s not immediately obvious how to get them all, as each one will take a different method to acquire.
Here’s a rundown of exactly how you can get every Eevee evolution in Pokemon Go.
- How to evolve Eevee in Pokemon Go
- Eevee evolutions name trick
- Flareon, Jolteon & Vaporeon evolution
- Umbreon & Espeon evolution
- Leafeon and Glaceon evolution
- Sylveon evolution
You’ll only need 25 Candy to evolve Eevee in Pokemon Go, which makes this a relatively cheap evolution process. However, you’ll need to utilize some extra tricks to make sure you get the Eeveelution you want.
The easiest way to evolve Eevee into your desired evolution is to use the name trick, which involves renaming an Eevee with a specific codename. We’ve detailed all of those in the section below.
The nicknames you’ll need to rename your Eevee to for each evolution are as follows:
Using the nickname trick is by far the easiest way to get the evolution you want, but you can only do it once per Eeveelution, meaning every following evolution will require a different approach.
To rename your Eevee, simply tap the pencil icon next to its name while in the ‘Pokemon’ menu. Make sure you enter the right codename and double-check the silhouette before pressing the ‘Evolve’ button.
There’s no surefire way to get Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon as it’s completely random when you hit the evolve button. You’ll definitely get one of these Eeveelutions – you just can’t choose which one it will be.
This means that you’ll either need to be very lucky to get the one you want on your first try, or you’ll need to catch multiple Eevee and stock up on lots of Candy, as the evolution costs 25 Candy every time.
Unlike the previous evolutions, Umbreon and Espeon don’t evolve from Eevee at random. They require specific actions to get them:
- Espeon: For this Psychic-type, you’ll need to make Eevee your Buddy and walk 10km with them. After this, the ‘Evolve’ button should show the silhouette of Espeon during the day.
- Umbreon: The method is almost identical for Umbreon, except you need to evolve the Pokemon at night instead. You can tell if it’s considered nighttime because the in-game sky will be dark.
Here are the steps you need to follow to get these Eeveelutions:
- Leafeon: Go to a nearby PokeStop and place a Mossy Lure Module on it. Make sure you’re in range, then hit the Evolve button on your favorite Eevee.
- Glaceon: Find a nearby PokeStop and place a Glacial Lure Module on it. Make sure you’re in range, then hit the Evolve button on your favorite Eevee.
To get Sylveon, you’ll need to make Eevee your Buddy again, just like with Espeon and Umbreon. Though this time, it’s not about walking a specific distance, it’s about how many Hearts you’ve earned.
You can earn Hearts with your Buddy by feeding them treats, playing with them, walking long distances together, battling together, taking snapshots with them, and spinning new PokeStops or Gyms.
Finally, if you’re wondering which Eevee evolution you should go for, we’ve ranked all of the Eeveelutions right here with tips on where to use them in the game.
That’s everything you need to know about Eevee evolutions in Pokemon Go. For more Pokemon content, check out our guides below: