Overwatch/TF2 observer denies sexual assault allegations despite email confession - Dexerto
Overwatch

Overwatch/TF2 observer denies sexual assault allegations despite email confession

Published: 23/Nov/2019 16:27 Updated: 23/Nov/2019 18:40

by Richard Lewis

Share


A few days ago, Team Fortress 2 event producer and freelance Overwatch observer Alex ‘Dashner’ Pylyshyn was publicly accused of sexual assault by two alleged victims. Dexerto had attempted to contact Pylyshyn for comment but were unable to as all social media accounts had been shut down and even entire forum posting histories deleted. However, over the weekend, we received word from the accused who says he denies all allegations and intends to fight them legally.

His first port of call has been to issue a cease and desist to Ryan ‘Console’ Modugno, who has now deleted the public forum posts that detailed his experiences with the accused. In their place now reads a single sentence: “For legal reasons, I have decided to take down my post and all following posts.” 

Advertisement

Pylyshyn told Dexerto via email, “I categorically deny the accusations of sexual assault being made by Mr. Modugno and [Redacted] (otherwise known as Delacroix). Since I am currently in the pending phases of defamation proceedings, I cannot go into further detail at this time. However, I would like to point out that Mr. Modugno has retracted all claims after direction by my attorney.”

However, Dexerto was able to obtain an email that shows Pylyshyn apologizing to Ness ‘uberchain’ Delacroix for “abusing” her.

Advertisement

“Even without evidence on your part, I could not feel right challenging it,” the email reads. “I made your life a living hell, I manipulated you, I abused you. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I am a horrific person.”

The email does reiterate the claim that Pylyshyn did not abuse Modugno.

In response to the email, Pylyshyn specified, “My email correspondence to Ms. Delacroix of November 14, 2019, was intended to express remorse for the emotional turmoil in our relationship and should not be interpreted as an admission of abuse. I may not have treated her well as an emotional partner during our relationship, which I deeply regret, but I certainly did not sexually abuse her.”

Advertisement

We reached out to Modugno, who didn’t want to speak further on the matter of his allegations due to fear of legal reprisals. However, he did want to qualify that in his original post, it may have seemed like he referred to Beyond The Summit employees as being aware. Instead, it was community event staff that were working with BTS to create the event. 

“When I mentioned the BTS team asked me to step down, I was mentioning the team in regards to the team handling the TF2 event, not necessarily BTS’s staff,” he clarified. “From my understanding, now, we were independently running an event at their venue with support from BTS.”

This seems to be verified by Discord logs featuring a conversation between Samantha ‘samiface’ Emery, one of the event organizers and a long-standing event organizer in the TF2 scene, and Pylyshyn. 

Advertisement

“I should have trusted you when you said it was a bad idea to get involved in TF2 stuff again,” Emery said. “I should’ve known someone would try to get attention this way. I should’ve known better. I’ve always thought we were better than this. I guess TF2 is just willing to cut off its nose to spite its fucking face.”

Beyond The Summit staff had previously denied any involvement in or knowledge of the matter. We reached out to Emery for clarification on these comments.

Advertisement

Pylyshyn has indicated to Dexerto that he intends to pursue these matters legally against both parties. We shall continue to provide updates on this story as they develop.

Call of Duty

CoD streamers slam Warzone star WarsZ for “pathetic” K/D tanking

Published: 8/Oct/2020 1:16

by Theo Salaun

Share


Call of Duty: Warzone stars continue to call each other out – this time Tommey is joined by HusKerrs and others in critiquing multi-event champion, WarsZ, for manipulating tournament Kill-Death Ratio (K/D) caps by tanking his account.

With more and more money being piled into Warzone tournaments, the stakes are higher than ever and competitors are understandably adamant about integrity. Many of these competitions have turned to K/D caps, as a way to limit good players from forming super squads that’ll end up dominating the opposition.

Advertisement

Following earlier condemnations from top streamers like NICKMERCS and Aydan about others gaming the K/D cap limits, Tommey has exposed WarsZ in particular for allegedly partaking in the unfair practice.

Tommey, a former Call of Duty League player and multi-time Warzone champion, did not hesitate to single out WarsZ for a suspicious drop in his kill-death ration just ahead of this week’s leg of the $210,000 Vikkstar Warzone Showdown. 

Advertisement

Although the caps have been instituted in tournaments to provide for better parity among teams, they can also be manipulated by purposefully delivering uncharacteristically poor performances.

WarsZ has won six Warzone championships across different tournaments, so Tommey’s linked image of the streamer having double-digit zero-kill matches in the past few days is particularly damning.

“People seem to be scared of the repercussions but I’m fed up with the bulls**t,” Tommey tweeted, tagging the rival competitor directly while calling the alleged tanking “pathetic.”

Advertisement

As for WarsZ’s response, it was not well-received. Suggesting that this notable drop in K/D was spurred by having his “girl” play on his account, a variety of notable Warzone competitors slammed the excuse. Among those wast renowned multi-time champion, HusKerrs, who replied simply, “Brother, c’mon now… nobody is buying that.”

Popular streamer DougisRaw also chimed in, mocking the excuse for how obviously the screenshot goes against the idea of letting an inexperienced player drop in for some games: “Damn, your girl plays solo squads. She’s cracked.”

 

While none of the allegations can be proven, many seem dissatisfied with WarsZ’s excuse and believes it is unfair to competitors like Jukeyz and others who were unable to snag tournament spots because of their high K/D.

Advertisement

It must be noted, as Tommey mentioned in the tweet above, that Vikkstar’s tournament technically doesn’t prohibit such a tactic, so while WarsZ isn’t breaking any rules, it’s fair to say that the rest of the big-name competitors don’t think too highly of it.

It remains to be seen if other tournaments will begin following NICKMERCS in the way he runs his MFAM Gauntlets, monitoring participants’ past in-game performances to make sure that they’re not trying to circumvent the K/D cap.

Advertisement