Overwatch has rolled out a new patch for the Public Test Realm that contains multiple bug fixes for Echo, which solve several problems players have been complaining about regarding her ultimate.
Echo’s Duplicate is without a doubt one of the most interesting ultimate abilities added to Overwatch, because it allows her to copy any other hero in the game and use their kit and ultimates, temporarily.
However, since the hero has been introduced, players on the PTR have noticed some major inconsistencies popping up with the character, and the latest patch aims to fix some of them.
Besides a general update that added stats and tips for Echo, the entire March 27 is bug fixes for the hero, along with D.Va and Tracer.
One of the biggest developments affects Echo’s ultimate when she tries to duplicate Junkrat, which players discovered wasn’t working correctly on the PTR.
Instead of copying Junkrat, if echo used her ultimate on him at the same time he was using RIP Tire, it would simply take Echo’s ultimate away instead of working.
As you can guess, this glitch was extremely annoying for Echo players who wanted to give Junk a taste of his own medicine, but thankfully, it should be fixed now.
Another fix tightened up how Orisa’s Supercharger interacts with Duplicate, allowing a duplicated charger to stick around after Echo’s ultimate has ended.
It might not seem like a major change, but these changes do help to make her ultimate much more consistent, and hopefully, more ready for her full release.
Echo has spent a little over a week on the PTR, and we still don’t have any idea when she’ll come to the main game, since Overwatch Director Jeff Kaplan warned that she could spend longer on the test server than past heroes.
The full March 27 PTR patch notes can be read below:
Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – March 27, 2020
- Added stats and tips
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s aim pitch would reset when leaving her Mech
- Fixed a bug where a Duplicated Supercharger would not grant damage boost after Duplicate has ended but before the Supercharger has been removed
- Fixed a bug where Echo did not properly track deaths or count for eliminations
- Fixed a bug where a spectator’s camera may become detached from Echo when clone ends
- Fixed a bug where Echo’s Sticky Bombs would sometimes not play their explosion effect
- Fixed a bug where Duplicated heroes would not properly reflect some custom game settings
- Fixed a bug where dying to environmental damage while using Duplicate would cause kill cam to not play
- Fixed a bug where dying to environmental damage while using Duplicate would cause incorrect ultimate credit for the enemy responsible
- Fixed a bug where duplicate ending on a moving platform could cause Echo to be sent flying
- Fixed a bug where first-person Sticky Bomb effects would not disappear if the bombs detached (ie from using Moira’s Fade)
- Fixed a bug where, in some cases, Echo’s Duplicate ability wasn’t respecting hero specific custom key bindings
- Fixed a bug where cloning a Junkrat who is controlling Rip Tire would cause Echo to lose ultimate
- Fixed a bug where the Pulse Bomb’s “Stuck” message would sometimes appear on the wrong target