A new Overwatch patch has hit the live servers with several major changes to multiple heroes on the Experimental Card.
The big winner this patch is D.va who is getting several buffs. Her Fusion Canons have 10% less movement penalty, Defense Matrix’s cooldown is reduced by half a second and Micro Missiles have their delay reduced as well.
Overall, this means that D.va will be a bit more effective at doing damage and soaking it up with her Defense Matrix - could dive be making a major comeback in the meta with the Genji buffs on the live server? Only time will tell.
Meanwhile, Ashe sees her Dynamite’s cooldown increased by two seconds. This means you’ll need be a bit better at timing your ability. Dynamite can do major damage on many targets if connected, so with an extra two seconds to wait, you’ll be punished for not hitting your shots.
Brigitte also gets a major nerf with Repair Pack no longer granting additional armor to allies giving them extra HP. To compensate for this, however, her barrier health has increased by 50 HP, but its regeneration rate is decreased as well.
Finally, Junkrat’s Concussion Mine trigger delay has been reduced which will now let players use side jumps with ease again. Plus, players can take control of Junkrat sooner after using RIP Tire which is a nice quality of life change.
It will be interesting to see how many of these changes stay in the game after they finish testing them in the Experimental Mode.
Full patch notes below:
The next experiment begins! This time we’re hoping to get your feedback on some balance updates. We’re using the 2-2-2 Role Queue ruleset so that you can get a feel for how these balance changes might affect the live game.
HERO UPDATES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)
- Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds
- No longer grants an additional armor health pool when healing full health targets
- Maximum health increased from 200 to 250
- Regeneration rate decreased from 100 to 85 health per second
- Cooldown when destroyed increased from 3 to 5 seconds
- Movement penalty reduced from 50 to 40%
- Cooldown reduced from 1.5 to 1 second
- Activation delay reduced from 0.5 to 0.25 seconds
- Trigger delay reduced from 0.156 to 0.1 seconds
- Time to take control of Junkrat post detonation has been reduced from 1.5 to 0.9 seconds