Overwatch developer Blizzard Entertainment has announced that a special charity skin has been released to help support breast cancer research.
Called ‘Pink Mercy,’ the new skin is available for purchase in-game or online through May 21st and all sales will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
This limited-time skin is inspired by the Mercy hero character in Overwatch, who serves the role of healer and field medic in-game.
The price for Pink Mercy is $14.99 USD for PC, PS4, and XBOX One, and all of the proceeds will benefit the BCRF, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $250,000 USD.
In addition to the new skin, Blizzard are offering other ways for fans of Overwatch to support breast cancer research.
A new, limited-edition Pink Mercy charity shirt is also available for purchase, and as with the Pink Mercy skin, 100% of the proceeds will go to BCRF.
There are also a series of in-game rewards being made available to Overwatch players as part of this promotional event.
Players who link their Blizzard account to their Twitch account can receive various cosmetic items, with the first one available to all those who log into their game anytime between May 8th-21st.
The remaining items can be earned by watching a certain number of cumulative hours of any of the 14 participating charity streams.
- May 8 (11:00am – 7:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/QueenE
- May 9 (8:00am – 2:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/cuppcaake
- May 10 (starts 4:00am PDT): https://twitch.tv/flowervin
- May 11 (6:00am – 12:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/RikuRikuRiku
- May 12 (7:00pm – 11:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/fleeur
- May 13 (9:00am – 3:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/elspeth
- May 14 (11:00am – 4:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/esl_alphacast
- May 15 (5:00pm – 11:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/kidkerrigan
- May 16 (4:00pm – 8:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/lolirot
- May 17 (2:00am – 6:00am PDT): https://twitch.tv/angel20739
- May 18 (6:00am – 2:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/HALtv
- May 19 (11:00am – 4:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/marvellous_li
- May 20 (12:00am – 4:00am PDT): https://twitch.tv/rudeism
- May 21 (8:00am – 4:00pm PDT): https://twitch.tv/emongg
There will also be three themed global Twitch emotes available for everyone to use as part of the overall effort to raise awareness to the cause.