Even more balance changes have been made on the Overwatch PTR, this time particularly targeting Junkrat and Zarya.
Blizzard are currently working on one of the largest balance patches in the history of Overwatch. The current iteration of the Public Test Realm not only introduces a brand-new hero, Baptiste, but also makes balance updates to a massive two-thirds of the hero roster.
The patch originally hit the PTR on February 26, but Blizzard have continued to make changes as they get feedback, with several additional updates to the patch being made in the weeks since.
This time, the update targets Junkrat with a minor nerf to his Frag Launcher and ultimate charge speed, while adjusting the explosion radius of Zarya’s alternative fire to make it consistent regardless of energy. Baptiste also gets some quality-of-life adjustments.
Meanwhile, the patch also addresses a number of bugs, including one which caused Lúcio’s wall jump speed to be “lower than expected”, which may well account for the seemingly unintentional nerf to his individual mobility that a previous update caused.
The list of bug fixes also addresses some of the issues that have been identified with Baptiste, including the ability for his Immortality Field to be placed under a payload, and the ability to use it to remain alive while out-of-bounds.
Patch notes for March 6 Overwatch PTR update:
- Biotic Launcher
- Can now be stopped from automatically reloading by switching the Automatic Reload option to OFF. This option defaults to ON
- Immortality Field
- Made significant changes to its visual appearance and sounds
- Frag Launcher
- Impact damage changed from 60 to 50
- Cost increased by 10%
Developer Comments: Since the recent increase of Frag Launcher’s damage output, Junkrat has been building his ultimate too quickly. We’re increasing the cost of his ultimate to balance this change with his increased damage-dealing capabilities.
- Particle Cannon
- Alternative Fire’s explosion radius changed to 2 meters, regardless of energy level
- Fixed a bug that allowed Baptiste’s Immortality Field to be placed under a payload
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste’s Immortality Field was not destroyed when run over by the payload
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste’s Immortality Field prevented death in out of bounds areas
- Fixed a bug that allowed Baptiste’s Biotic Launcher to heal through barriers
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist to not lose his upward jumping movement when using Rocket Punch while in the air
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist to not move while using Rocket Punch if he was recently knocked backed
- Fixed a bug where Junkrat’s Steel Trap didn’t make a sound when it landed
- Fixed a bug where Lúcio’s wall jump speed was lower than expected