A new Overwatch patch has hit the live servers on January 23, finally allowing Xbox, PlayStation, PC and Switch players to collect all of the game's 2020 Lunar New Year rewards.
While the patch is mostly related to bug fixes, it should make Overwatch's quality much better for players. Most notable is a fix to an issue where movement abilities would cause rubberbanding.
Additionally, players who use a controller will be able to use the Find Group feature again - something that was bugged as of the previous update.
However, the two big highlights of the patch include removing a bug that prevented the “Year of the Rat” spray from appearing in Lunar New Year loot boxes.
- Read More: Dafran claims map editor coming to Overwatch
As we previously reported, the bug not only prevented the spray from showing up in loot boxes, but players couldn’t even purchase it using in-game coins.
The spray itself is a red rat silhouette against a yellow background. While it’s not the best-looking spray in the game, for players born in 1984, 1996 or 2008, it is their Chinese zodiac sign.
Another fix was made for Lucio’s Samul Nori skin, as it caused his eyebrows to appear disconnected from his head- a funny issue, but it’s nice that Blizzard fixed the visual problem.
While all eyes are on an upcoming developer update next week (which should include some major changes to gameplay), letting players get the most out of the Lunar New Year event should tide the community over in the interim.
The full patch notes are as follows:
- Fixed an issue that prevented Find Group from working when using a controller
- Fixed an issue that could cause mispredicted movement (rubber banding) for fast movement abilities
- Fixed an issue that could cause spawn doors on multiple maps to not behave as intended
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Year of the Rat” spray from being included in Lunar New Year event loot boxes
- Fixed an issue that caused Lúcio's eyebrows to appear disconnected from his head while wearing his "Samul Nori" Lunar New Year skin