Developer Sledgehammer Games have released a special edition of their Weekly Community Update on March 12th in which they preview the upcoming update to Call of Duty: WWII.
The company provided a lot more detail about what players can expect from the update they had already announced on March 9th,
continuing to maintain its model of working closely with the community.
There were two main multiplayer announcements that were made in this community update in addition to some of the previously announced changes.
The new game update will bring with it the launch of Operation Shamrock and Awe, a St. Patrick's themed in-game celebration event that is sure to be packed with special weapon variants, trinkets, and gear.
Of course the official Call of Duty Twitter page had already hinted at this upcoming event earlier in the day.
Sledgehammer also announced that they had analyzed the feedback received from the community and will implement major changes to The Quartermaster and Supply Drops.
These adjustments will be meant to improve and increase content as well as re-balance various things like duplicate drops and reward rates.
The community update also added in some details about improvements to the Nazi Zombies mode as well as a presentation about some amazing fan art.
The massive game update is set to drop on Tuesday, March 13th with the patch notes yet to be released.
The full March 12th Sledgehammer Community Update can be viewed below.
Thank you, everyone, for your patience in waiting for this update! As we announced last week, Gun Game and Prop Hunt are now permanent modes in Call of Duty: WWII. Plus, tomorrow we have a big game update going live. Here’s what’s cooking…
Gun Game and Prop Hunt.
Good news! We heard your excitement about these modes loud and clear and we added them to the mode rotation last week. You can find them in our new Party Games playlist tab. Also, many of you have been inquiring about Prop Hunt on the new DLC maps. This will be happening starting tomorrow!
Hardcore Team Killing/Ricochet.
Last week, we pushed live a separate weekend HC playlist for ricochet. Thank you to everyone who played this weekend! Please vote for your preferred rule on our Twitter poll
Atlanta is one hell of a city for Call of Duty Esports! Congratulations to The Rise Nation
, your Call of Duty World League Atlanta Champions!
The Quartermaster & Supply Drops:
Let’s talk about ‘em! First off, we wanted to thank everyone for their feedback. We have taken it to heart and have been working to improve our system to make the experience better for you. With the launch of Operation: Shamrock and Awe tomorrow, which includes some festive St. Patrick’s-themed gear, we felt this was the best opportunity to recalibrate and improve the loot experience. We evaluated the entire system and your feedback, with the sole focus of improving the overall quality of item drops and delivery. Below are the major updates to the system coming to the game starting tomorrow:
- Increased Number of Weapons & Premium Content per Update – We’re adding new ranged weapons, more cosmetic weapon variants, and themed uniforms with a commitment to double-down on these categories moving forward so you’ll be able to get more of the content you want.
- More Ways to Earn Weapons – We are offering a variety of paths to obtain the most-wanted weapons and weapon variants in-game as more will be made available via Orders and Contracts, in addition to existing Weapon Collections and Supply Drops.
- Lowered Duplicate Rates – We are reducing the frequency of duplicates you’ll receive within Supply Drops to deliver more new content in every drop.
- Rebalanced Category Reward Rates – This will ensure you are getting a wider variety of content categories within every drop, which will make the unboxing experience more satisfying (we heard you on what it feels like to get triple duplicate pistol grips).
- New Special Orders - We heard your feedback on certain weapons being available only via Common Supply Drops and how hard they are to get. We are moving these into Special Orders so that they are easier to access.
- New Categories of Items – You will have more ways to customize your solider and loadout with the introduction of weapon charms, camos, and reticles.
- Content Changes – We are removing gold foil calling cards, and won’t be adding new pistol grips to the loot pool.
- Armory Drops – We are adding a new Supply Drop type “Armory Drops” which will function a lot like Bribes but can be obtained for Armory Credits to provide yet another way to get the content you’re after.
As you can imagine, we are constantly looking for ways to improve and evolve the system, and we can’t do it without your help. We’re constantly listening to player feedback, monitoring how the system is working and will continue to update it to ensure we’re delivering a positive experience for all our players. We are looking forward to you experiencing the changes and will have our ear to the ground for your feedback.
Operation: Shamrock & Awe.
We are also excited about Operation: Shamrock & Awe that kicks off tomorrow! Be on the lookout for a trailer dropping tomorrow that will show some of the content we’ve been working on the last couple months. As a special thank you for being so supportive of these blogs over the last month, we’d like to show you a sampling of some of the cool new items releasing (in addition to the weapon and uniform variant we teased last week):
We have fixes coming tomorrow that address the issues with Reichsrevolver and Enfield No. 2 appearing twice in menus, the Enfield No. 2 name not displaying correctly, and the ability to customize attachments on weapons that players had not yet unlocked.
A Dead Tongue.
Some of you soldiers have been running your own Headquarters Boot Camp
with calisthenics to keep you in shape between matches. Well done.
We know this is a WIP, but we just had to share this Meuchler sketch
! Thank you 666_Ghost_666, for this. We can’t wait to see the finished product.
Excellent work on this Team Deathmatch Mastery emblem
Shout-out to Joshua A for this awesome drawing of the cover art
for Call of Duty: WWII!
As always, if you have any thoughts, requests, or just want to say hi, hit us up on our social channels! If you have some awesome Call of Duty: WWII fan art, tag it with the hashtag #CODWWIIFanArt for a chance to be featured!
Thanks for reading, everyone. Keep an eye out tomorrow for our title update, and stay tuned for another update from us this Friday.
Source - SHG