The developers of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) have revealed that the second round of tests for the all-new tropical map will begin soon and announced how players can get involved..
As one of the most played games on Earth, PUBG attempts to constantly add new features, cosmetics, and more in an attempt to keep things interesting for its millions of players around the world.
The developers of PUBG are not about to give up in the fight for battle royale supremacy against Fortnite and they have recently been working a new tropical map which will be half the size of the other two, encouraging faster and more action-packed games.
- Read More: PUBG Introduces Weapon Skins in PC Update #8
Development of that map, codenamed “Savage” reached a stage in early April where some lucky players were given the chance to get involved in a play test and give their thoughts and feedback on it.
And it looks like the first test was a success because PUBG Corp. put out another press release late on April 14th where they announced “Testing Round 2” would begin soon and explained how players can gain access.
Testing will begin on April 16th and run for two days, with players being able to sign up at http://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com/ for the chance to get an access key.
The full press release can be found below:
Codename: Savage Testing Round 2 – Get Access to the Closed Experimental Server
Starting early next week, Codename: Savage will come back for a second round of early access testing. Starting right now, you can sign up for access by heading over to this website: http://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com/
Keys are limited, so hurry if you want to become a tester. If you already got a key for the CES last time around, you don’t need to sign up again—just use the same Closed Experimental Server launcher from last time.
The signup window closes on Tues, April 17, 5am PDT / April 17, 2pm CEST / April 17, 9pm KST.
And here’s the dates for round two of testing:
Codename: Savage Testing Round Two on the Closed Experimental Server:
- OPENS: Mon, April 16, 6pm PDT / Tues, April 17, 3am CEST / April 17, 10am KST
- CLOSES: Wed, April 18, 6pm PDT / Thur, April 19, 3am CEST / April 19, 10am KST
- The redzone’s size and duration have both been decreased.
- A new feature enables the bluezone to calculate and adjust its waiting time based on the number of players left alive.
- Grenades now spawn more often.
- The strongest scope which can be obtained from care packages is now the 8x scope.
- Total numbers of boats spawned has been decreased, but boats now spawn more predictably along the towns near the sea.
Three new areas have been added:
Banyan Grove, middle of the island
Abandoned Quarry, middle of the island
Dock, southeast side of the island
- Improved object placement on bridges to better facilitate movement.
- Improved the surrounding terrain to make it easier to climb up to the land from the river.
- Some hard-to-see doors are now more visible (less dark).
- Dynamic weather now changes in real time throughout each match (it used to change just once during each match).
- Wet ground now looks less shiny.
- Improved issue of hearing footsteps late or from incorrect locations.
- Rain sounds have been slightly increased
- A seaside ambient sound effect has now been implemented.
- An inland swamp ambient sound effect has now been implemented.
- Minimap grid marking has been adjusted to match the smaller map size.
- We improved an issue causing the blood effect to block the player’s sight after getting hit in FPP mode.
- We fixed an issue causing boats to not consume gas while driving.
- We fixed an issue causing Savage’s world map and minimap to look blurry.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented players from moving immediately after using the item quantity pop up menu.
- We fixed an issue causing the minimap to show as blank when viewing the Death Cam.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to take no damage when exiting a moving vehicle.
- Killer Spectating mode now works properly even when the killer died shortly after killing the viewing player.
- The camera should now function properly after players are knocked out by fall damage.
- We fixed an issue causing the blood effect to not up properly when shooting other players.
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn’t get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (LOL)
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
The feedback you guys gave us during the first round of testing taught us a lot about how to improve Codename: Savage.
The map won’t be ready for a full release for a few more months. But in the meantime, we’ll keep using these super short testing windows to drive development—we believe that working with players in an “open development” process is the best way to make a map that players love. So please keep the feedback coming!
We’ll post an announcement later today once Codename: Savage has gone live on the Closed Experimental Server.