Call of Duty CS:GO Fortnite League of Legends Overwatch Apex Entertainment FIFA Dota2 Smash PUBG World of Warcraft Pokemon Opinion Gaming Dexerto TV About Contact
 
Archive • Apr 26, 2018

Overwatch League Fans Can Have a Say In the Season One MVP

Overwatch League fans will be able to have a say in who wins the MVP award of the inaugural season. Fans will be able to vote on who they think has been the most valuable player throughout the season, with the fan vote accounting for 25% of the final decision. The other 75% will be determined by the Overwatch League broadcast team vote. Fans can vote by going on Twitter and tweeting using the hashtag #OWLMVP and either their player of choice’s Twitter handle or BattleTag. The MVP award will be for the most valuable player over the regular season, and the winner will be revealed on the first day of playoffs, July 11th. Voting will end on Sunday June 17th, the final day of Stage 4. Until then, however, a leaderboard on the Overwatch League website will show the top five players in the fan vote standings, with the list updated daily. Currently, Philadelphia Fusion’s Lee ‘Carpe’ Jae-hyeok tops the list, followed by New York Excelsior’s super-star Support Bang ‘JJoNak’ Sung-hyeon, the only non-DPS player in contention currently. Beneath him, Seoul Dynasty star Kim ‘Fleta’ Byung-sun is followed by another NYXL player, Kim ‘Libero’ Hye-sung. In spite of his team’s abysmal results, Dallas Fuel’s Hwang ‘Effect’ Hyeon finishes out the list in fifth.
Photo: Robert Paul for Blizzard Entertainment

-