The latest CS:GO update has brought Operation Hydra to an end while matchmaking will now use the "trust factor" by default.
Operation Hydra was the eighth CS:GO operation and was released on May 23rd 2017 and came with 6 new maps plus new game types like Wingman.
However, the November 13th update of the game has brought the operation to an end.
The popular Wingman and War Games will remain, though, as well as "Wingman-exclusive skill groups".
Of more interest to players that enjoy the competitive side of the game will be the addition of matchmaking "trust factor" for Prime users as a default option.
The definition for the trust factor
system on the CS:GO blog is as follows:
So what if the Prime system was re-imagined using a wider range of factors? We started with that question, and have been experimenting with matching players using observed behaviors and attributes of their Steam account, including the overall amount of time they had spent playing CS:GO, how frequently they were reported for cheating, time spent playing other games on their Steam account, etc. We call this system Trust, and these factors considered together form a player’s Trust Factor.
The results of the experiment have been positive. In matches created using Trust Factor, most players ended up generating fewer reports regardless of their Prime status.
We wanted to keep the best parts of Prime and ditch the parts that cause problems in the CS:GO community. Starting today, players will, by default, enter matchmaking using their Trust Factor rather than their Prime status and in the short term, players with Prime status can still choose to match using the old system.
The update also made changes to the maps available in the Classic Competitive mode.
These will now consist of Mirage, Cache, Inferno, Overpass, Cobblestone, Train, Nuke, Dust II, Canals, Office, and Agency.
The full release notes
for the update are as follows:
- Operation Hydra has come to a close.
- Added Wingman and Flying Scoutsman to the available game modes.
- Wingman changes:
- Added Wingman-exclusive skill groups for better matchmaking in Wingman.
- Added ability to select maps.
- Added Nearby Lobbies for Wingman.
- Moved Arms Race and Demolition into War Games (with Flying Scoutsman).
- All War Games are now maxplayer 12.
- Slight adjustment to head hitboxes on the Leet Krew.
- Updated maps available in Classic Competitive:
- Mirage, Cache, Inferno, Overpass, Cobblestone, Train, Nuke, Dust II, Canals, Office, and Agency.
- Updated maps and map groups available in Classic Casual:
- Dust II
- Defusal Group Delta (Mirage, Austria, Inferno, Shipped, Cache)
- Defusal Group Sigma (Cobblestone, Train, Overpass, Nuke, Canals)
- Hostage Group (Agency, Insertion, Office, Italy, Assault)
- Matchmaking now uses the Trust Factor by default. In the short term, players with Prime status can still choose to match using the old system.