How to get Fiber and Linen in New World: Hemp plants locations
While exploring New World’s Island of Aeternum, you’ll need to find Hemp plants, which then give you the Fibers needed to craft Linen. In turn, this resource allows you to make clothes for your adventurer.
Just like most MMOs and MMORPGs, New World is home to all kinds of resources to collect and craft.
While Hemp is incredibly common and can be found in droves throughout the game’s world of Aeternum, it can be a little tricky to get if you don’t know where to look.
- Fibers and Hemp plants in New World
- Where to find Hemp plants to get Fibers in New World
- How to make Linen in New World
Before you harvest Fibers from Hemp, you’ll need to make sure that you’ve got a Sickle. Craft one at your camp, and then with it equipped, all you need to do is approach a Hemp plant and press ‘E’ to begin harvesting it.
- Read More: Factions guide
Hemp plants can typically be found in Grasslands and Forests within the game, but there are a few specific locations that we currently know of where you can find them in New World so far.
You can also figure out where best to find Hemp by opening up your Map. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Open up your Map by pressing ‘M’.
- On the left side of your screen, there’s a bar with four buttons. Click ‘Resource Locations‘.
- A panel will pop up that displays all of the regions you’re able to find a particular resource.
We’ve listed all of the best locations we know so far. As more are found, we’ll be sure to update you here with any other new locations:
- Chason Steep, to the northeast of Monarch’s Bluff.
- Crone’s Rest, southeast of Devil’s Quarry.
- Dayspring Mills, northeast of First Light Village.
- Fisherman’s Bend, located to the very far west of Windsward.
- Olcott Family Farm, southwest of Everfall Hamlet.
If you’re looking for other locations to check out, New World Fans have also put together an interactive map that shows some more spawn locations, particularly towards the Southern sides of the map.
Once you’ve acquired the Fibers from harvesting Hemp plants, you’ll likely want to utilize them to craft different items in New World, particularly Linen.
- Read More: Life Staff guide
To do this, you need to make sure that you head to a Loom. These can typically be found dotted throughout the settlements in New World.
Different Tiers of Linen require differing amounts of Fiber to craft, so make sure that you’ve stocked up on them before heading to one of the stations.
So, there you have it. That’s everything you need to know about where to get Fibers from Hemp plants in New World.
Looking to become the best adventurer the island of Aeterenum has seen? Check out our guides and tips:
New World faction guide | How to get the Waning Crescent staff | Life Staff mastery tree | Fiber and Linen guide | Great Axe guide | Fishing guide | Where to find sheep | Candied Strawberries | AoE Mage guide