Minecraft Monday returns with its eighth week of competitive action and if you would like to tune in to watch, you've come to the right place.
Technothepig and Schlatt took top spot in the previous event on July 29, beating the likes of James Charles, Technoblade, CaptainSparklez, and more to the prize.
However, there's no guarantees about Week 8, which could see anybody emerge as the champion. With competitors typically including YouTube stars, Twitch streamers, and other popular internet personalities, let's take a look at everything you need to know to be able to watch the action unfold.
Where to watch Minecraft Monday, Week 8
Minecraft Monday Week 8 will be broadcast on the official UMG Gaming Twitch channel and will go live at different times, depending on where you will be watching from.
The event is set to start at 4pm EST on August 12 (9pm BST, 1pm PT, 6am AEST - August 13) and there's bound to be many hilarious, shocking, and skilful plays on offer for people to check out.
Participants for Minecraft Monday, Week 8
There are some usual suspects, as noted earlier, that tend to compete in the Minecraft Monday tournament on a consistent basis and Week 8 is no different - according to the list posted on UMG Gaming website.
KEEMSTAR, who runs the weekly tournament, has confirmed that a number of highly recognizable names will feature once again, as seen below.
What will they be playing?
Minecraft Monday has an ever-changing set of minigames that players are thrown into and this week is going to be no different. There's going to be a whole lot of Hunger Games to watch, though, which is a game inspired by the popular movie.
Week 8 will include: Hunger Games (Spark City), TnT Run, Hunger Games (Breezy), Hunger Games (Par72), KitPVP, Hunger Games (Holiday), Hunger Games (Wyvern), Bingo, and finally Hunger Games (Spark Apokalypse). As we said... A lot of Hunger Games.
(Placement score is based on your teams placement)
- Eliminations: +10 Score
- Victory: +30 Score
- Top 2 Teams: +20 Score
- Top 3 Teams: +10 Score
- Surviving: +2 Score (Whenever a team is eliminated all other remaining teams earn +2 Score)
Note: Score for Placements, Surviving and Victory Royales is split between the teammates evenly if both are alive, otherwise those scores are awarded to the surviving teammate. (This will help reflect individual contribution to the team score. Who's carrying who out here?!)
Minecraft Monday rules:
1. Cheating of any kind in Minecraft Monday is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban.
- No cross-teaming. Your duo partner is your ONLY teammate.
- No "feeding" to help another team (purposely allowing another player to eliminate you earning them extra score)
- No modes or resource packs that grant unfair advantages.
- Acceptable mods: Optifine, Gamma Boost (so your viewers can see in dark places), and Lowfire.
- Default Textures and Resource Pack.
- Keep things simple and barebones.
2. Trash-talk is allowed, however, you must still conduct yourself respectfully.
3. Clout chase. Don't be a sore loser and HAVE FUN!
Article last updated on August 12, 2019 at 17:00 (EST).