The upcoming patch update for Wild Rift targets balancing the game by diminishing the impact of the support role, which has been overpowered with the implementation of gold support items. Here is everything to know regarding Wild Rift Patch 3.4a.
Every couple of weeks, Wild Rift updates their game. The developers massively updated the game in patch 3.4, updating the game with support items, new champions, and a new Wild Pass. The newest upcoming update, Wild Rift patch 3.4a, is a smaller scale update.
The main focus from the patch is to balance the game, rather than adding brand new changes. From Yasuo buffs to massively nerfing the support gold items, these changes target fixing what’s broken.
- When is Wild Rift patch 3.4a
- What is changing in Wild Rift patch 3.4a
- New ranked season announced
- Champion changes
- Item changes
When is Wild Rift patch 3.4a?
The new patch dropped on September 28, two weeks after the release of Wild Rift Patch 3.4. And though the new Wild Rift patch notes addressed a lot of the overpowered picks, and helped the meta as a whole, there aren’t a whole bunch of new content in this patch.
What is changing in Wild Rift Patch 3.4a?
Support Items nerfed
Easily one of the biggest balance changes implemented in patch 3.4a is the nerf to both Relic Shield and Spectral Sickle. These items were incredibly broken in the base Wild Rift Patch 3.4, very much warranting the nerfs.
Double Relic in the duo lane is an absolutely busted strategy, providing massive gold and sustain benefits for both the adc and the support. But in Wild Rift Patch 3.4a, Riot is preventing two players in the same lane from abusing the items.
In essence, “if a Support Quest item owner is nearby an ally that also has a Support Quest item, the player cannot consume charges with their Support Quest Item.”
Gwen buff and Karma faces another nerf
Despite being pretty strong, Wild Rift Gwen is receiving some buffs, adding more damage to the champion’s kit. Riot is slightly nerfing her jungle clears, but increasing her damage output against everything else.
As for Karma, she’s been overwhelmingly powerful in patch 3.4, shown by her ranking in the tier list.
Wild Rift new ranked season announced
Riot announced the new Wild Rift ranked season. Wild Rift ranked season 7 begins at UTC +0: 3 AM.
Therefore, expect a soft reset for ranked and try to climb as high as possible before the existing season ends, and the new season begins.
Legendary Queue is rolling out as well. The solo queue only ranked mode is available during specific times only, and will require a certain amount of champion mastery before playing them in this queue.
Check out Riot’s official Wild Rift patch notes for more details on the ranked changes.
Wild Rift patch 3.4 notes
- Health per level: 115 → 120
(2) Tactical Sweep
- Damage: 70/110/150/190 → 90/125/160/195
- Health: 610 → 660
(P) Thousand Cuts
- Maximum monster damage: 5+5% AP → 4+4% AP
(1) Snip Snip!
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Initial Snip base damage: 10/14/18/22 → 12/16/20/24
- Final Snip base damage: 50/70/90/110 → 60/80/100/120
(P) Staggering Blow
- Stun Duration: 0.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds (based on level) → 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds (based on level)
(1) Dredge Line
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9 seconds → 11/10/9/8 seconds
- Attack Damage: 58 → 62
(4) Last Breath
- Damage: 200/350/500 → 250/350/550
- Next two attacks gain 16/24/32/40% physical & magic vamp → Next two attacks gain 16/24/32/40% omnivamp
(P) Essence Theft
- Base heal on champion takedown: 80-200 + 40% AP → 70-190 + 30% AP
(P) Z-Drive Resonance
- Bonus damage to monsters: 120% → 110%
- Bonus damage to monsters: 130% → 120%
(1) Hate Spike
- Ability Power ratio: 45% → 40%
(2) Focused Resolve
- Cooldown: 13 seconds → 15 seconds
- Non-Mantra movement speed: 45% → 30%
(2) Nether Blade
- Cooldown: 8 seconds → 10 seconds
- Damage: 80/100/120 + 30% AP + 2% mana → 80/100/120 + 30% AP + 1.5% mana
(1) Bone Skewer
- Mana cost: 50/55/60/65 → 35/40/45/50
- Damage to non-champions: 50% → 25%
(3) Phantom Undertow
- Cooldown: 14/13/12/11 seconds → 12.5/12/11.5/11 seconds
- Bonus damage to minions and monsters: 25% → 15%
- Ability Power: 70 → 80
- Attack Speed: 30% → 40%
- Ability Haste: 15 → 20
- Base stat: +8% physical and magic vamp → 8% omnivamp
Maw of Malmortius
- Lifegrip: Triggering Lifeline grant +10% physical and magic vamp → +10% omnivamp
Relic Shield/Targon’s Buckler
- Spoils of War: Item owner minion gold gained per charge consumption: 135% → 120%
- Percentage of quest earned: 63% → 58%
Spectral Sickle/Harrowing Crescent
- Tribute: Gold gained per charge consumption: 30 → 25
Support Starter Items
New Effect: If a Support Quest item owner is near an ally that also has a Support Quest item, the player cannot consume charges with their Support Quest Item:
- Tribute/Spoils of War disabled
- Earn bonus gold from nearby minions not killed by allies
- Attack speed per stack: 6%-12% (melee) 3%-9% (ranged) → 7%-13% (melee) 4%-10% (ranged)
- Max Stack Bonus: 30% → 40%