TFT patch 12.12b has dropped and it’s a big one to cope with the three-week break between updates. Popular carries Swain and Xayah are being nerfed again, while Revel could rear its head again after some changes: here’s the full patch notes.
With three weeks between TFT patch 12.12 and the next update being a bit longer than Riot typically aims for, the developers are shipping a pretty major patch just before the holiday break.
TFT patch 12.12b is trying to curb some of the major meta outliers — like Dragonmancers and Xayah — while also bringing some underrepresented comps to the forefront. It should lead, hopefully, to a healthier gameplay experience while the developers are out of office.
Catch up on all the TFT patch 12.12b notes below, which went live on June 28.
What’s changed in TFT patch 12.12b?
Dragonmancer hit hard with Swain nerfs, Augment changes
Swain emerged from the last TFT update as the comp to play as the three-cost carry made the most use out of the Dragonmancer buff with bonus health and ability power. However, TFT patch 12.12b is attempting to curb that power.
Swain will now do less damage after shapeshifting with his Draconic Ascension being cut at all ranks. Dragonmancer has been hotfixed too with significant cuts at both the six and nine unit breakpoints making the trait all but worthless chasing.
- Read More: The best TFT Set 7 comps
And, even if you wanted to chase 9 Dragonmancer, it has gotten significantly harder — Silver-tier augment Dragonmancer Heart was also removed. So for the Swain, Lee Sin, and Volibear players out there, it’s time to find a new main comp to force.
Revel gets buff — but not without Corki nerfs
Luckily for them, they could maybe find some refuge in Revel. After being downright broken in PBE, the Revel trait fell off a cliff when TFT Set 7 launched. In TFT patch 12.12b, Riot are bringing back its power somewhat — especially for those who chase for 5 Revel.
Revel is being nerfed at the two and three-unit breakpoints, but buffed at 5 Revel, benefiting those who find a Revel Emblem. Sona is also being buffed as a potential AP carry choice similar to Seraphine in Gizmos & Gadgets, but primary carry Corki is getting some pre-emptive nerfs.
Corki isn’t the only four-cost carry Riot are targeting in this update. Xayah is getting nerfed, while tanks Idas and Ornn are on the hitlist too. Sy’fen is the only one escaping TFT patch 12.12b with a buff.
Low-cost reroll boards are also in Riot’s sights with Ezreal, Tahm Kench, and Qiyana nerfs abound.
You can find the full TFT patch 12.12b notes below. The update went live on June 28, 2022.
TFT patch 12.12b notes
- Mystic Shot Damage: 150/225/300 ⇒ 155/215/285
- Crystalline Exoskeleton Shield: 275/325/375 ⇒ 300/360/420
- Health: 700 ⇒ 650
- Thick Skin base Shield: 250/300/350 ⇒ 240/250/275
- Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Armor & Magic Resist: 40 ⇒ 45
- Transfusion Healing: 200/250/300 ⇒ 270/300/330
- Bugfix: Now bonks her combat target rather than a nearby target
- Max Mana buff: 0/60 ⇒ 0/50
- Watch Out! Base Damage: 175/250/350 ⇒ 215/275/350
- Watch Out! Center Bonus Damage: 175/250/350 ⇒ 150/225/350
- Max Mana nerf: 30/90 ⇒ 40/100
- Pale Cascade Orbs: 6/7/8 ⇒ 5/6/7
- Dragon’s Rage Damage: 300/375/500 ⇒ 280/360/480
- Draconic Ascension Damage: 75/115/175 ⇒ 65/105/165
- Petricite Burst Shield: 300/350/400 ⇒ 365/415/475
- Petricite Burst Damage: 100/150/200 ⇒ 110/170/240
- Max Mana nerf: 0/70 ⇒ 20/80
- The Big One Damage: 125/200/500 ⇒ 110/170/600
- Golden Scales damage reduction: 50/75/300 ⇒ 35/50/300
- Golden Scales Shield: 200/300/2000 ⇒ 180/275/2000
- Golden Scales Shield bonus Attack Speed: 40% ⇒ 30%
- Stampede Attack Speed slow duration: 3 ⇒ 2 sec
- Stampede stun duration: 1.5/2/8 ⇒ 1.25/1.75/8 sec
- Crescendo Damage: 190/275/1000 ⇒ 200/300/1000
- Attack Damage: 100 ⇒ 11
- Mana buff: 120/200 ⇒ 120/175
- Rampage bite Attack Damage scaling: 450/500/2500% ⇒ 500/525/2500%
- Feathers FLY! feather return Damage: 15/20/50 ⇒ 12/20/40
- Feathers FLY! feather Attack Damage scaling: 25% ⇒ 20
- Assassins now jump even earlier before other units move
- Guaranteed Astral Units in Astral Shop: 2 ⇒ 3
- Attack Damage Splash Damage: 150/200/250/300% ⇒ 150/210/280/350%
- Hero bonus Health: 450/1350/2250 ⇒ 300/750/1400
- Hero bonus Ability Power: 20/60/100 ⇒ 15/35/60
- Bonus Health and Ability Power increase by Dragonmancer star level: 10% ⇒ 20%
- Firecrackers Magic Damage: 150/175/225/275 ⇒ 140/170/225/300
- Bonus Magic Damage: 20/50/80% ⇒ 15/50/100%
- Bonus Attack Damage & Ability Power: 1/2/4/6 ⇒ 1/3/5/8
Astral Soul (Prismatic)
Dragonmancer Heart (Silver)
- Increased Base Damage: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Increased Damage if the enemy has over 2200 maximum Health: 50% ⇒ 45%
- Health: 400 ⇒ 300
- Crown of Champions no longer triggers immediately if equipped mid-combat