Riot Games released the Teamfight Tactics update patch notes on August 27 which will be introducing a new champion to use, a possible swing in the meta and much more.
While the League of Legends team works on their balances and patches to the popular MOBA, the autobattle division is hard at work shaking things up with the new update to TFT.
Even though players have been settling into their normal tactics and stratagems, it seems like the TFT devs are ready to change things up in a big way, primarily with a new character and a raise to the attack speed cap.
Pantheon enters Teamfight Tactics
The newest reworked League of Legends champ is making his Grand Starfall into the TFT board, but it’ll cost players 5 Gold to add them to their lineup.
By using his ultimate, Pantheon will be able to leap to the furthest enemy then applying a stun for 4/6/8 seconds.
Other enemies caught in the skid to his target will get pretty banged up taking 15%/30%/45% of their Maximum Health as Magic Damage then applying a burn for an additional 20% of Maximum Health as True Damage over 10 seconds. Finally, the ult will apply Grievous Wounds to those affected.
Rangers and Attack Speed buffs
Meanwhile the devs are increasing the Attack Speed cap from 2.5 to a flat 5.0. Meaning players might start seeing more opponents prioritize the comps and items that will make use of the extra AS to deal a ton more damage at higher succession.
This could also make Ranger comps much more effective since the patch will also increase the chance for Double Attack Speed slightly. But that might spell doom for players if an enemy Vayne at the heart of a stacked Ranger comp manages to get two Rageblades.
Longtime bug fixed
Aside from that, a bug that lets Little Legends sneak into the initial shared draft barrier but they will now get booted back out of the giant circle.
Before, there was an incredibly easy exploit that let some players get the pick of the litter before anyone else, granting them an unfair advantage.
The TFT 9.17 update has a lot more to unpack, so make sure to check the full patch notes below.
- Cost: 5 Gold
- Origin: Dragon
- Class: Guardian
- Grand Starfall: Pantheon leaps in the air, crashing down towards the farthest enemy, stunning them for 4/6/8 seconds. Enemies in Pantheon's path take 15%/30%/45% of their Maximum Health as Magic Damage. They then burn for an additional 20% of their Maximum Health as True Damage over 10 seconds. Applies Grievous Wounds. Note: the in-game tooltip is lagging behind and will be updated to reflect this in patch 9.18.
- The first carousel now has all 2 cost units.
- Ghost armies now benefit from Trait bonuses. They’re actually spooky now!
- Attack Speed cap has been increased from 2.5 to 5.0. So fast.
- Tooltips have been updated to be more clear, and numbers scale with Ability Power.
Reworked to add a bit more consistency.
- Increased the delay before Assassins jump so they can access the backline more often.
- (3) Trait Bonus: 125% Crit Damage ⇒ 75% Crit Damage & 10% Crit Chance
- (6) Trait Bonus: 350% Crit Damage ⇒ 150% Crit Damage & 25% Crit Chance
- Item disable duration: 8 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds
Tapping down their power a little bit.
- Armor & Magic Resist: 60 ⇒ 50
- Healing: 35 ⇒ 25
Making Rangers more consistent.
- Double Attack Speed chance: 25%/65% ⇒ 30% /70%
We're making it a little easier for Shapeshifters to transform.
- Nidalee Total Mana: 100 ⇒ 85
- Jayce Armor: 30 ⇒ 35
- Jayce will now transform at max mana, even if there is no one in range to knock away.
- Shyvana Total Mana: 100 ⇒ 85
- Gnar Total Mana: 125 ⇒ 100
Sticking with our consistency theme here.
- Dodge chance: 30%/55% ⇒ 35%/60%
- Adjusted his interaction with Rapidfire Cannon. He maintains the range bonus but it now narrows his bullet spread, like a shotgun choke.
- Health: 450 ⇒ 500
- Starting Mana/Total Mana: 50/125 ⇒ 0/85
- Ability Damage: 150/275/400 ⇒ 175/325/475
- Relentless Pursuit's second shot now scales with Lucian's attack speed.
- Ability Damage: 200/325/450 ⇒ 150/250/350
- Stun Duration: 5/8/11 seconds ⇒ 5/7/9 seconds
Healing effects were tuned around Grievous Wounds, completely turning them off. Since we're reducing Grievous Wounds' effect, we're also reducing the effectiveness of other healing effects to keep them from becoming too strong.
- Grievous Wounds Healing Reduction: 100% ⇒ 80%
- The Bloodthirster Healing: 50% of Damage ⇒ 40% of Damage
- Hextech Gunblade Healing: 33% of Damage ⇒ 25% of Damage
- Swain Demonflare Healing: 50/90/130 ⇒ 40/70/100
- Redemption Healing: 1500 ⇒ 1200
- Hextech: Fixed a disabled Infinity Edge losing more crit damage than it should
- Hextech: Fixed a disabled Ionic Spark not re-enabling its effect.
- Hextech: Fixed a disabled Zeke Herald not re-enabling its effect.
- Hextech: Fixed disabled Locket of the Iron Solari not re-enabling its effect.
- Improved Shyvana’s ability logic. She now looks for spots to jump to that are far away from her target.
- Fixed Rek’Sai not properly knocking up her target at longer distances.
- Fixed Warwick spawning a new Warwick if he dies mid-leap.
- Fixed Warwick's Ability Damage scaling with his bonus Attack Damage.
- Ahri will no longer cast her ability at an enemy not in range.
- Lucian now correctly triggers launch attack effects (Statikk Shiv, Runaan’s Hurricane) on his first auto after his dash.
- Fixed Luden’s not triggering if the target of the spell died.
- Fixed Vi ult sometimes chain hitting the same enemy.
- Little Legends that get inside the initial shared draft barrier before it comes down are now booted out.
- Updated Dragon and Elder Dragon fireball VFX.
- You can now mute player emotes + pings through the scoreboard.
- Added new visual effects to show off your win streak on scoreboard.