Teamfight Tactics patch 11.4 is now live, and there’s plenty of changes to get used to. Riot has implemented big changes to the Chosen mechanic to reduce RNG, while almost every meta comp in the game — from Kayle to Nidalee — is getting nerfed.
With TFT Set 4.5 now in full motion, Riot have gotten down into tinkering with all of the nuances. They have seemingly taken a sledgehammer to the game though, nerfing almost everything conceivable.
From the Chosen mechanic RNG to almost every meta composition in the game, there’s a reason why streamers have coined TFT patch 11.4 as “Set 4.75.” Here’s what you need to know about the update.
Here's what's coming in Patch 11.4!
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) February 17, 2021
TFT patch 11.4 Chosen rework reduces RNG
Riot had some big changes planned for Chosen in TFT patch 11.4. On the PBE, developer Stephen ‘Mortdog’ Mortimer explained they were “experimenting” to try and reduce Chosen RNG.
While some of them made the cut in the end, most of them fell by the wayside. That doesn’t mean the mechanic drastically shifted in this patch.
- Read More: League of Legends patch 11.4 notes
Chosens will now be offered in 50% of shops if you don’t own one, up from 33%. This means you can be a bit more selective on your rolldowns because Chosens will appear more frequently.
However, Chosens themselves will be worth less. The bonus Spell Power, Attack Damage, Mana Reduction, and Health given to Chosens has been reduced across the board.
“By toning down the power of Chosens and increasing the rate at which you see them we’re aiming to make the feel bad moment of missing your ‘just hit(s)’ less punishing,” Rodger ‘MinionsRPeople2’ Caudill said in the patch notes.
Kayle, Yasuo, Nidalee & Neeko headline balance changes
Balance-wise, Riot have their sights set on basically every meta comp in the game. Public enemy number one, however, is Kayle.
If the Divine rework wasn’t enough on TFT patch 11.3, direct nerfs to Kayle might knock her down the tier list somewhat. She’s losing some damage at two-star, which could impact her carry ability. Oh, and 2 and 4 Divine are being hit again.
Duelist reroll with Yasuo carry is getting hit hard too. Riot is nerfing his damage at all levels, as well as the Duelist trait’s attack speed buff.
Other meta comps, including Diana reroll, Nidalee reroll, Warlords, Katarina, Shyvana-Brawler, Wukong reroll, Nasus reroll, and Zed carry are also getting nerfed. Fiora and Samira also found their way into Riot’s bad books.
On the flipside, Neeko is the big winner of TFT patch 11.4. The 3 cost Fabled Mystic is receiving bonus damage at all levels, which is a huge boon for the Vanguard Mystic players. Other Fableds Nautilus and Cho’Gath are being buffed, as well as Vanguard Braum.
Xayah, Irelia, Kennen, Olaf, Talon, Tryndamere, Yone are all being buffed, as well as Gargoyle Stoneplate, Quicksilver, and the Cultist trait.
TFT patch 11.4 additional Trait changes
Outside of the unit changes, Traits are being tweaked in this update as well. Warlord, Brawler, Elderwood, and Duelist have all been targeted to some degree.
For the Warlords, it’s nerfs across the board. Units now have reduced health along with lesser spell power. The same can be said for the Brawler as units have had health and AD lowered.
Meanwhile, Elderwood units now have less armor along with a decrease in AD and spell power to boot. Last but not least, Duelist’s AS per stack has been scaled back slightly.
You can find the full TFT patch 11.4 notes below.
TFT update 11.4 patch notes
- Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.65
- Pale Cascade Shield: 200/300/450 ⇒ 175/250/350
- Pale Cascade Orb Damage: 90/100/110 ⇒ 80/85/90
- Mana: 0/75 ⇒ 0/95
- Mana: 0/60 ⇒ 0/80
- Magic Resist: 50 ⇒ 40
- Wither damage: 400/600/850 ⇒ 350/550/750
- Nidalee bugfix nerf: fixed a bug where the range calculation was adding 1 extra Hex of distance
- Nidalee Javelin Toss Damage: 225/300/600 ⇒ 100/150/250
- Nidalee Javelin Toss Bonus Damage per Hex: 20% ⇒ 80%
- Crushing Blow Attack Damage Scaling: 250/265/280% ⇒ 240/250/260%
- Striking Steel Attack Damage Scaling: 180/200/225% ⇒ 180/185/190%
- Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.75
- Mana: 30/70 ⇒ 30/60
- Armor: 45 ⇒ 55
- Magic Resist: 30 ⇒ 40
- Fabled Shield Damage Reduction: 60% ⇒ 50%
- Sporecloud Dart prioritization: Highest Attack Speed ⇒ Current Target
- Attack Speed: 0.8 ⇒ 0.75
- Disarm Duration: 2.5/3/3.5 ⇒ 2.5/3/4 seconds
- Death Lotus number of targets: 4/6/8 ⇒ 4/5/6
- Death Lotus total Spell Damage: 600/900/1650 ⇒ 600/900/1500
- Slicing Maelstrom Damage: 150/225/375 ⇒ 200/300/400
- Blooming Burst: 150/225/375 ⇒ 200/300/400
- Fabled Bonus Multiplier: 200% ⇒ 150%
- Consume Damage: 450/650/1800 ⇒ 450/700/1500
- Health: 750 ⇒ 700
- Magic Resist: 80 ⇒ 60
- Burn Damage: 150/300/600 ⇒ 125/250/500
- Infernal Chains Damage: 350/550/1500 ⇒ 400/600/2000
- Sol Voice of Lightning Damage: 325/500/1750 ⇒ 325/500/1400
- Cho’Gath Armor: 40 ⇒ 60
- Updated his Rupture targeting to be slightly less random and hit crowds more frequently, because that’s what crowd control is for.
- Divine Ascension Wave Damage: 100/180/500 ⇒ 100/150/400
- Hallowed Ground Damage: 250/400/2000 ⇒ 250/400/1600
- Ragnarok Cleave Damage: 40/45/50% ⇒ 50/50/50%
- Ragnarok now blocks the AD Reduction debuff
- Truestrike Attack Damage Scaling: 240/250/275% ⇒ 240/250/300%
- Spinning Slash dash speed increased
- Mana: 50/100 ⇒ 60/100
- Spinning Slash now looks for targets in a slightly larger range to spin towards
- Featherstorm Attack Damage Scaling: 250/275/325% ⇒ 250/275/350%
- Ornn Artifact, Eternal Winter hits until Frozen: 5 ⇒ 7
- Ornn Artifact, Manazane Mana Restore Duration: 8 ⇒ 4 seconds
- Seal Fate Damage: 600/1200/9999 ⇒ 800/1200/20000
Unforgotten Damage: 350/600/1500 ⇒ 350/750/9999
- Attack Range: 660 ⇒ 420
- AD Per Stack: 20 ⇒ 15
- Bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 15 ⇒ 20
- Now blocks AD reduction debuff
- No longer deals bonus damage to Shields
- Can now critically strike
- Crits reduce the Magic Resist of targets hit by 60% for 6 seconds
- Damage: 80 ⇒ 60
- Targets Hit: 4/5/6 ⇒ 3
- Now applies its burn every 2.5 seconds instead of 2. This nerf will result in fewer enemies on fire as the Cape needs slightly more time to heat up.
- Crit Chance:10/30/55 ⇒ 10/30/50
- Bonus Crit Damage:25/60/100 ⇒ 25/55/90
- Health 400/700/1000/1600 ⇒ 400/700/1000/1400
- Attack Damage: 10/20/60/120 ⇒ 10/20/40/80
- Supreme Overlord Galio (Cultist 9): Bonus Magic Resist: 20 ⇒ 60 (100 total)
- Blast Damage: 50% ⇒ 40% max Health
- Spell Power and Attack Speed: 40/80/160% ⇒ 40/70/140%
- True Damage & Damage Reduction: 35/45/55/65 ⇒ 25/40/55/70
- Armor and Magic Resist: 15/25/40 ⇒ 15/20/30
- Attack Damage and Spell Power: 5/10/20 ⇒ 5/10/15
- Warlord Health: 250/500/850 ⇒ 250/400/700
- Warlord Spell Power: 25/50/85 ⇒ 25/40/70
- Chosen Base Odds: 33% ⇒ 50%
- Chosen Bonus Spell Power: 30 ⇒ 15
- Chosen Bonus Attack Damage: 20 ⇒ 10
- Chosen Bonus Mana Reduction: 25% ⇒ 15%
- Chosen Bonus Health: 400 ⇒ 300 (The bonus 200 health baseline that Chosens receive just for being Chosen is not affected here)
- Stage 3 Lantern: It is no longer possible to get 2 Loaded Dice or 2 Target Dummies
- Stage 4 Lantern: It is no longer possible to get 2 Loaded Dice or 2 Target Dummies
- Stage 4 Lantern: It is no longer possible to get 3 Item Components
- Level 4: 60/40/0/0/0%⇒80/20/0/0/0%
- Fixed a bug where critical strikes triggered by the Executioner trait did not add stacks to Titan’s Resolve.
- Fixed a bug where combined Ornns don’t give you the proper amount of progress towards making an artifact.
- Fixed a bug where if your bench is full and you make a 3 star Chosen that Chosen doesn’t get benefits.
- Fixed a bug where Olaf could be kicked off the board by Lee Sin while Ragnarok was active
- Fixed a bug where The Boss did not trigger its true damage buff if Sett was healed to full health by sources other than sit-ups (e.g. Anima Visage)
- Fixed a bug where Zilean wasn’t properly deprioritizing summoned units with Rewind Fate
- Tryndamere’s Spinning Slash now runs through his attack flow (applies effects like Statikk Shiv’s bonus damage or Guinsoo’s Rageblade’s bonus attack speed)
- No consistent tempo can be found in reading the rhyming sections of these hip hoppin’ patch notes. Have fun trying to rap it. I dare ya. Double Nasus dare ya.