Everything we know about Rell’s LoL rework: New abilities, release date & more
Rell’s long-awaited mid-scope update is finally arriving in League of Legends Season 13. Her abilities have been moved around a bit, with her Q stunning in her new iteration along with an entirely new ability for her E. Here’s everything we know so far.
Rell has sat in an awkward spot in League of Legends’ meta since her release. The Iron Maiden took the support role by storm on release, becoming the fancy new engage tank everyone had to learn.
She thrived in a competitive environment as a Leona-like tank, but could never really get a foothold in the casual player base. Her win rate has never really fluctuated under 50%, but she’s just generally unpopular.
Riot are trying to change that with a Rell mid-scope update in League of Legends Season 13, leaning into her “mounted fantasy” and making the Iron Maiden a more exciting pick. Here’s how the developers plan to do that.
What’s changing in Rell’s League of Legends rework?
Rell’s rework has been revealed on the PBE. These changes see her passive, Q, and W changed slightly, with an entirely new E ability entering the mix. The potential update sees power shifted away from Rell’s all-in capabilities with her W, into a tankier and speedier champion that has a bit more versatility.
Rell’s Reworked Abilities in League of Legends
Base Stats Changes
- Attack Speed: .55 >>> .625
- Attack Speed per Level: 2% >>> 1.5%
- Armor: 32 + 4.2/level >>> 32 + 3/level
- Magic Resist: 32 + 2.05/level >>> 32 + 1/level
- Movespeed: 335 >> 330
Passive: Break the Mold
Rell’s Attacks and Abilities steal 3% Armor and 3% Magic Resist. Max: 15%.
- Armor/ MR shred decreased: 10% >>> 3%
- Added: Armor/ Magic Resist shred stacks up to 5 times per target
- Added: All abilities also apply a stack of her passive (W and R’s entire AoE)
- Added: Rell keeps resists for the full duration of the buff, even if the target dies
- Minimum Steal from 5-12 based on level >>> 2.5-5 based on level
- Minion steal from .5-2 based on level >>> .25-1 based on level
- Removed: No longer deals bonus magic damage on hit
- Removed: Hitting a new target no longer refreshes the duration on all targets
Q: Shattering Strike
Rell thrusts her lance, Stunning targets for 0.75 seconds, destroying all Shields and dealing magic damage.
- Added: Now stuns all targets for .75 seconds
- Added: Applies passive and full damage to all targets
- Added: Deals 250% damage to jungle camps
- Added: 100 unit movement on swing to sell power
- Removed: Heal on self and ally
- Range: 685 in front of Rell, 150 behind >>> 520 in front of Rell, 220 behind
- Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 >>> 11/10.5/10/9.5/9
- Cast time: .35s >> .5s
W: Ferromancy: Mount Up/ Crash Down
Rell leaps off her mount, Knocking Up enemies for 0.75 seconds and dealing magic damage. Rell gains a Shield, which lasts until she remounts.
Rell then enters armored form, gaining 10% bonus Armor and Magic Resist, 35% Attack Speed and 75 Attack Range, but is Slowed by 15%. In this form she can use Ferromancy: Mount Up.
Active – Ferromancy: Mount Up: Rell mounts up and briefly gains 30% Decaying Move Speed. Her next Attack within 3.5 seconds Knocks Up and throws enemies behind her, dealing additional magic damage. While mounted, Rell can use Ferromancy: Crash Down.
W- Mounted changes:
- No longer gives passive move speed while mounted (Shifted to E ability)
W- Dismounted changes:
- Increases attack speed by 15/20/25/30/35%
- Increases attack range by 75
- Move speed reduction adjusted set to 280 ms >>> slow 15% (removed ms cap while dismounted)
W- Crash Down changes:
- Damage reduced 70/105/140/175/210 >>> 70/100/130/160/190
- Shield reduced 35/60/85/110/135 (+12% max HP) >>> 30/55/80/105/130 (+10% max HP)
- Maximum slide distance reduced 375 >>> 320
- AoE radius reduced 200 >>> 180 (area reduced 400×775 >>> 360×680 with slide)
- Jump range reduced 500 >>> 400
- Knockup duration reduced 1 >>> 0.75 seconds
W – Mount Up changes:
- Mount Up move speed reduced 25/30/35/40/45% for 3.5 seconds >>> 30% rapidly decaying over 1 second
- Deals 250% damage to monsters
E: Full Tilt Changes
Passive – Mounted Alacrity: Rell gains 50 Move Speed while mounted, reduced in combat.
Active – Full Tilt: Rell and an ally charge, gaining ramping Move Speed up to 20% over 3 seconds, this is doubled to 40% towards enemies or your bonded ally.
After 1 second, Rell’s next Attack or Shattering Strike explode in an area for magic damage.
- Damage: 20/25/30/35/40
- Move Speed: 20% flat
- Max Move Speed: 40% flat
- Passive Move Speed: 10/20/30/40/50
- Deals 250% damage versus jungle monsters
R: Magnet Storm
Rell explodes in a magnetic fury, violently Pulling nearby enemies towards herself. Then Rell constantly Drags nearby enemies towards herself and deals magic damage over the next 2 seconds.
- Now applies Rell’s new passive
Is there a Rell mid-scope update release date in League of Legends?
Rell’s mid-scope update was just released onto the PBE as of the time of writing. Most PBE cycles take two weeks, meaning we should see the update on the live servers on the 1st June 2023, which should coincide with Patch 13.11.