League of Legends Season 13 is kicking off with LoL patch 13.1 on its way. Riot is pushing through Jax’s promised mid-scope update as well as all the planned preseason changes, as well as preparing for Yuumi’s rework: here’s the full patch notes.
New year, new League of Legends season.
LoL patch 13.1 is here to bring League of Legends Season 13 to all, with the new ranked split starting and all the preseason changes being finalized. Of course, everything is still a work in progress, but now is the time to start the competitive climb.
The first update of 2023 will include nerfs to bruisers, tanks, and controversial cat Yuumi — who is being reworked soon enough — as well as big changes to Jax, with his promised mid-scope update ready to go live.
Here’s what you need to know about League of Legends patch 13.1, including the notes and when it’ll go live.
When is LoL patch 13.1?
League of Legends patch 13.1 is primed to go live on January 10, 2023.
The first major patch of the year will start rolling out on Oceanic servers at 10AM AEDT, with a worldwide rollout taking place across the rest of the day.
Here’s the key timings:
- 3AM PT (NA)
- 5AM GMT (EUW)
- 3AM CET (EUNE)
- 8AM KST (Korea)
There’ll be a few hours of downtime when patching begins, and matchmaking queues will be taken offline about three hours beforehand.
What’s changing in LoL patch 13.1?
League of Legends Season 13 begins, new ranked split
The big news of LoL patch 13.1, as the name indicates, is the launch of League of Legends Season 13. After two months of preseason, all the changes will be made official as the new ranked split starts.
This includes the overhauls to top lane and jungle, as well as the new ranked system which splits the year into two. Players will now be enticed to grind all year around instead of hitting their goal rank and stopping, with rewards now available every six months instead of 12.
You can find the full list of League of Legends Season 13 changes here.
Jax mid-scope update hits live servers
Jax was named next in line for a mid-scope update at the tail end of 2022, and Riot is taking no time to ship the changes to League of Legends.
The Grandmaster at Arms has remained relatively unchanged since 2009, with the Season 13 changes representing his biggest overhaul yet. It’s still on the “smaller side”, developer August ‘August’ Browning told players in November 2022, but it’ll still be a fair tweak to adjust to.
While his Q, Leap Strike, and E, Counter Strike, are getting small changes, most of the adjustments are in his ultimate, Grandmaster’s Might. It has a new active where his lantern deals extra damage, and his three-hit passive becomes a two-hit one for eight seconds.
Yuumi nerfed again as Riot figures out future plans
Riot has planned more Yuumi nerfs to start League of Legends Season 13 in patch 13.1. She is one of seven champions earmarked for nerfs, with the developers also targeting a number of bruisers and tanks following the preseason item overhaul shaking up tier lists.
A larger Yuumi rework has already been confirmed by Riot, but the controversial cat is still getting changes because “she remains very highly banned,” developer ‘Phlox’ told players on January 3.
More changes will likely come as the season kicks off and players start getting deep into the ranked grind again.
You can find the early LoL patch 13.1 notes below, courtesy of Riot. These will be updated with PBE details as January 10 approaches.
LoL patch 13.1 notes
Passive: Deathbringer Stance
- Damage: 5-12% maximum HP physical damage ⇒ 4-10% maximum HP physical damage
E: Umbral Dash
- Passive Increased Healing during World Ender: 25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 20/24/28/32/36%
R: World Ender
- Movement speed bonus: 60/80/100% ⇒ 50/65/80%
- Health: 653 ⇒ 613
- Armor growth: 4.2 ⇒ 3.7
E: Blunt Force Trauma
- Bonus attack damage: 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5% maximum HP ⇒ 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% maximum HP
Passive: Duelist’s Dance
- Maximum Health Damage AD Scaling: 4.5% maximum health true damage per 100 AD ⇒ 4% maximum health true damage per 100 AD
- Physical Damage: 70/80/90/100/110 (+ 95/100/105/110/115% bonus AD) ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110 (+ 90/95/100/105/110% bonus AD)
- Attack damage: 54 ⇒ 57
Q (Hammer Form): To the Skies!
- Base Physical Damage: 55/100/145/190/235/280 ⇒ 60/110/160/210/260/310
W (Hammer Form): Lightning Field
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Magic Damage Per Second: 25/40/55/70/85/100 ⇒ 35/50/65/80/95/110
Q: Leap Strike
- Physical Damage: 65/105/145/185/225 (+100% bonus AD)(+60% AP) ⇒ 65/105/145/185/225 (+100% bonus AD)(+0% AP)
E: Counter Strike
- Minimum Damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+50% bonus AD) Physical Damage ⇒ 55/85/115/145/175 (+4% max HP of the target) (+100% AP) Magic Damage
- Bonus Damage per Attack Dodged: 20% of total damage ⇒ 20% of base damage
R: Grandmaster’s Might
- Cooldown: 80 seconds ⇒ 100/90/80 seconds
- 3rd Hit Passive Bonus Magic Damage: 100/140/180 (+ 70% AP) ⇒ 80/120/160 (+ 60% AP)
- [NEW] Imagine if I had a Real Animation: Jax’s R passive now has updated animations, sound effects, and visual effects
- [NEW] NEW ACTIVE: Jax swings his lantern around him, dealing 150/250/350 (+100% AP) magic damage to nearby enemies. If he hits a champion he gains 25/45/65 (+40% bonus AD) Armor plus 15/20/25% (+10% bonus AD) per champion hit, as well as 60% of that value as Magic Resist for the next 8 seconds. During this time the passive damage applies every 2nd attack instead of every 3rd.
- [NEW] Imagine if I had a Real Icon: Jax’s spell icons have all been updated
- [NEW] Imagine if I had a Reel Weapon: Jax’s secret passive, fishing, has been added to the game
- Movement speed: 335 ⇒ 330
Passive: Dauntless Instinct
- Base damage: 10-25 (based on level) ⇒ 5-20 (based on level)
W: Path Maker
- Minimum damage: 4.25/4.5/4.75/5/5.25% target’s maximum HP ⇒ 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% target’s maximum HP
- Maximum damage: 8.25/8.5/8.75/9/9.25% target’s maximum HP ⇒ 7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% target’s maximum HP
- Health Growth: 104 ⇒ 110
Q: Ice Shard
- Slow: 16/19/22/25/28% ⇒ 20/24/28/32/36%
W: Ring of Frost
- Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds ⇒ 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
- Attack damage: 56 ⇒ 53
- Health: 634 ⇒ 614
W: Defensive Ball Curl
- Flat resists granted by Rammus’ W are now also amplified by the percent resists that are granted by W
- Flat armor gained: 40 ⇒ 25
- Percent armor gained: 60/70/80/90/100% ⇒ 40/55/70/85/100%
- Mana cost: 60 ⇒ 40
- Backstab crit bonus damage: 30% ⇒ 40%
W: Two-Shiv Poison
- Magic Damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+75% bonus AD)(+60% AP) ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170 (+80% bonus AD)(+60% AP)
- Magic Damage to Targets Below 30% Health of Maximum Health: 105/142.5/180/217.5/255 (+112.5% bonus AD)(+90% AP) ⇒ 105/142.5/180/217.5/255 (+120% bonus AD)(+90% AP)
- Health: 615 ⇒ 655
Q: Decimating Smash
- Damage when fully charged: 70/135/200/265/330 ⇒ 90/155/220/285/350
Q: Wild Cards
- Cooldown: 6 seconds ⇒ 6/5.75/5.5/5.25/5 seconds
W: Pick a Card
- Blue Card Magic Damage: 40/60/80/100/120 (+100% AD)(+90% AP) ⇒ 40/60/80/100/120 (+100% AD) (+115% AP)
- Red Card Magic Damage: 30/45/60/75/90 (+100% AD)(+60% AP) ⇒ 30/45/60/75/90 (+100% AD)(+70% AP)
- Base attack speed: 0.625 ⇒ 0.658
- Attack speed ratio: 0.625 ⇒ 0.658
Q: Prowling Projectile
- Base damage: 50/90/130/170/210/250 ⇒ 50/80/110/140/170/200
- Empowered damage: 60/110/160/210/260/310 ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220/260
- Attack damage growth: 1.5 ⇒ 1.3
Q: Burst Fire
- Total base physical damage: 15/18/21/24/27 ⇒ 15/17/19/21/23
- Lethality: 10 ⇒ 18
- Ability Power: 85 ⇒ 100
Jak’Sho, The Protean
- Cost: 3100 gold ⇒ 3200 gold
- Voidborne Resilience Stacking: 2 per second (+15% total resists at max stacks) ⇒ 2 per second (+20% bonus resists at max stacks)
- Drain amount: 3% maximum HP ⇒ 80 + 7% bonus HP
- No longer drains minions or monsters
Rod of Ages
- Health: 300 ⇒ 400
- Eternity resources restored to proc movement speed buff: 250 ⇒ 200
- Eternity movement speed amount: 25% ⇒ 35%
- Move Speed Duration: 2 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
- Move Speed Decay: Move speed gained from Eternity now decays more slowly
Passive – Eternity
- (Note: These passive changes will also apply to Catalyst of the Aeons and Abyssal Mask)
- Percent of Pre-Mitigation Damage Received Restored as Mana: 8% ⇒ 7%
- Percent of Mana Cost Spent Restored as Health: 20% ⇒ 25%
- Maximum Heal per Cast/Second (for Toggled Abilities): 15 ⇒ 20
QoL Updates and Bugfixes
- Coming to screens near you: Eternity’s Move Speed proc buff now appears on the player’s HUD
- Top Off: Healing and mana restored when at full health/mana will now count towards Eternity’s Move Speed proc
- Stack Check: Fixed a bug that was causing Eternity’s maximum heal cap to not correctly increase at maximum stacks
- Cost: 2600 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
- Ability Power: 60 ⇒ 80
- Ability Haste: 0 ⇒ 10
- Passive – Awe: Grants Ability Haste equal to 1.3% bonus mana ⇒ Grants AP equal to 2.5% of bonus mana
- Empyrean passive removed
- [NEW] Passive – Lifeline: Upon taking damage that would reduce your Health below 30%, gain a 250 (+ 20% current Mana) shield (90 second cooldown)
- Cost: 2700 gold ⇒ 2600 gold
- Health: 350 ⇒ 400
- Health: 350 ⇒ 400
- Maximum Tenacity at Full Stacks: 30% ⇒ 20%
- Tenacity: 5% + 2.5% per Legend stack ⇒ 5% + 1.5% per Legend stack